B2B Tech Copywriter
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Team 201 is looking for a B2B Tech Copywriter with a passion for writing long-form and short-form content. This role will create engaging digital content for our clients, ranging from topics like solar technology to cybersecurity. You’ll have an aptitude for writing content within niche topics, and the ability to understand what captivates an audience regardless of industry. Conducting research (fact-checking, identifying relevant topics, interviewing, and analyzing sources) is a critical skill for this role in order to enhance the content deliverables.
This role will be an active participant in client communications. In addition to content creation, you’ll also be key to building client content strategies — knowing how to best account for brand characteristics, goals, initiatives, and budget — and be able to speak to these during calls and emails.
Team 201 is looking for a self-starter, someone familiar with journalistic practices and values, and a love for fast-paced, learn-as-you-go startup environments. If you keep an AP Stylebook handy, we’re interested in meeting you!
- Creating long-form (whitepapers, e-books, blogs) and short-form (micro-blogs, social posts, etc.) content for clients and Team 201 brand
- Collaborating with design team to generate graphics optimized for digital platforms
- Learning client brand voice to produce high-quality deliverables
- Monitoring trends, best practices, and ways to constantly improve content quality
- Editing content produced by team members for grammar, clarity and use of content marketing, and social media best practices
- Serving as a community manager across client social media (when applicable)
- Engaging with influencers to build relationships, and seeking out opportunities for cross-promotion when necessary
- Closing the feedback loop and measuring past content performance to inform feature content creation based on what worked and what didn’t
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or other related field
- 3-5 years of writing and B2B content marketing experience
- Portfolio with technical writing examples
- Experience with B2B tech clients
- Knowledge of AP style
- Ability to perform under deadlines
- Extremely organized
- Proactive problem solver
- Agency experience required
- Knowledge of content management systems (like Wordpress)
- Knowledge of social media scheduling and reporting tools, and social advertising platforms
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and website heat mapping tools
- Currently this role is remote due to COVID-19 (and may be remote long term), but the ideal candidate will be located near either Chicago, IL or Columbus, OH
About Team 201
We're a boutique firm that delivers integrated marketing services. Our client sweet spot is venture-backed B2B brands at key inflection points in their growth. Example clients: Tufin ($TUFN), Druva, Meltwater and EagleView.
Our very best team members are self-aware.
1. They can admit the things they're not good at.
2. They're not afraid to ask for help.
3. They like to share ideas and collaborate.
4. They celebrate feedback as a way to improve.
5. They are voracious learners.
6. They listen to understand not to respond.
7. They take accountability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.