Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the Head of Marketing, you will report to the CEO and work closely with Sales, Customer Success and Product Management to grow our customers globally. You will define strategy, lead demand generation and optimize the marketing funnel using inbound marketing, page conversion testing, online advertising and email marketing. This is a perfect role for someone who has been #2 in his or her marketing team for a while, and is ready to take the leap into the #1 spot.
Category creator. This is an opportunity to help Talkpush establish global dominance in a relatively new category: conversational recruitment marketing (think “Drift for recruitment”). We also want to build a global leader while remaining focused on emerging markets (vs. North America + Europe), an unconventional strategy in enterprise SaaS.
Mountain climber. Growing the revenue from a couple million in ARR to 10+ millions is the hardest part of a SaaS journey, and made even harder at Talkpush due our customer’s wide geographical spread from Asia to Latin America. In 2022, we want to get to 100+ customers and will need to accelerate growth to get there. The upside for this company and for this role are big, and if we find someone that can climb this marketing mountain, he or she will be rewarded with significant equity.
Good with words. Our strategy has always been to start with high quality content (newsletter, events, webinars), and worry about the rest (ads, SEO, forms, etc.) later. We need our head of marketing to enjoy running quality checks on the content that is published, ideally in both English and Spanish. Our team is fully remote and working across many time zones, so we have perfected the art of asynchronous communication, aka writing to each other, so excellent writing is a must.
Our company has people in Canada, the Philippines, India, Mexico, Costa Rica and Hong Kong and we’d be happy to have this global role based in any of those places, or in other lovely location that suits you. Once or twice a year, you will be asked to come and meet people in the real world.
- Lead Generation
- Own relationship with sales and forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between marketing and sales.
- Drive all Lead Generation efforts, including setting strategy, developing forecasts, executing, and measuring results
- Build a predictable pipeline of qualified leads through a combination of outbound, inbound and referrals.
- Drive demand gen engine, including leads, MQLs, SQLs and opportunities
- Create, manage and monitor performance for all Lead Generation initiatives including email campaigns, content marketing, nurture programs, webinars, events, SEO, SEM/paid advertising on LinkedIn and Facebook, and discussions on online forums/groups
- Conduct A/B tests and use a data-driven approach to refine and enhance outcomes in order to hit KPI targets like inquiries, SQL and sales active pipeline
- Generate creative ideas on how to generate new leads for our sales team. Innovate. Rethink, Growth hack.
- Collaborate with sales, product, engineering, CSM, and leadership, to drive new business, cross-sells and upsells, be confident in owning a pipeline number
- Growth Hacker
- Lead customer advocacy with creation of beautiful case studies with viral video content
- Identify new ways to connect with the community of buyers (i.e. “growth hack), such as the creation of a podcast series to help the CEO connect with thought leaders in the space
- Manage the strategy and setup of paid campaigns
- Manage the Marketing Team
- Build, lead and mentor a team of marketers across demand gen, content marketing, product marketing, and more
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- 5-10 years of experience in B2B SaaS sales and/or marketing with a proven track record of driving revenue growth in a lead generation role
- Track record as an owner of the marketing funnel, knowing how to generate leads, ideally with quota-carrying experience
- Expert in end-to-end inbound marketing and experience using HubSpot/Marketo/Eloqua marketing automation and blogging software features to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture then (using dynamic workflows and drip campaigns) into converted customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage leads, funnels, nurture strategies, drip marketing, digital, online, and live events
- Clear and concise communications skills with an ability to present results to a group
- Experience with enterprise sales and B2B marketing is a huge plus
- Ready to work in a true startup environment, required a lot of autonomy and executing with limited resources
- We will strongly favor candidates with international experience/outloo
- Experience blogging, writing though leadership pieces, speaking and growing a personal audience on social media
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, ability to use data to inform all decision
- Knowledge of various paid marketing channels and technologies including paid search, retargeting, social media advertising (Facebook, LinkedIn, and more) and content distribution placement
- Bonus skills: HTML / CSS. Adobe Creative Suite
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Let the talent talk