This job is no longer accepting applications.
Backblaze originated in a founder’s one-bedroom apartment where five people committed to helping people save their data. Backblaze provides cloud storage and backup that’s astonishingly easy to use and affordable. Our customers use our services so they can pursue dreams like curing cancer (genome mapping is data intensive), archiving the work of some of the greatest artists on the planet (learn more about how Austin City Limits uses B2), or simply sleeping well at night (anyone that’s spilled a cup of coffee on a laptop knows the relief that comes with complete, secure backups). We are entrusted with well over an exabyte of data from customers in more than 175 countries. We exited 2020 growing rapidly, and we've done it all with just $3M in total funding.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing for our customers and coworkers. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 99% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor!
But while there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Media Buyer.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for working with our team to create compelling ad copy and creative, develop and maintain relationships with key media partners, and optimize purchased media though A/B testing, audience and demographic targeting, and landing page optimization
- Collaborate with product marketers, analysts, and management on upcoming campaigns determining best platforms, target audience, and creative strategies to implement to drive leads/revenue.
- Monitor campaigns for performance ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, troubleshooting campaigns, creating insights about performance, making updates accordingly and flagging potential issues to management.
- Create and present campaign reporting from ad spend to revenue: pacing reports, campaign build, ad-hoc analysis, and high-touch optimizations to ensure relevant metrics and insights are shown and make recommendations by condensing or strengthening key insights from campaign reports to optimize performance.
The Right Fit:
- 3+ Years experience buying digital media across various digital platforms
- Experience across any of the following buying/biddable platforms: paid social, paid search, OTT, or Programmatic
- Experience working with analytics, attribution and measurement systems.
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, and macros.
- You are always looking to adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for our media strategies.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, collaborative, high-energy environment where you’re continuously solving problems creatively and analytically.
- This is a REMOTE position.
- 100% healthcare for family
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Full-time employees receive option grants
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fully stocked micro kitchens and strong coffee
- Childcare bonus (human children only)
- Generous skills training policy to continue your professional development
- Culture that supports healthy work-life balance
At Backblaze, we value being fair and good to our customers, partners, and employees. That’s why diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values. We are committed to fostering a workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, veteran status, and education. We believe that our dedication to cultivating a diverse workspace not only allows us to better serve our customers in over 175 countries, but further reinforces our commitment to doing the right thing. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.