Head of Demand Generation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are living in an increasingly narrative driven world, and companies rely on the media to tell their stories. Articles are written every day that can build a company up, or bring a critical view. Yet, companies have never been able to know how many people have read any of these articles, until now.
Memo is the first and only platform that can provide actual readership data directly from publications. Our publisher network includes Wired, Vanity Fair, The Verge, TIME and hundreds more. We are experiencing massive growth with a customer roster of brands such as Google, Microsoft, Walmart, Samsung, Kroger and J&J.
Memo announced it’s $7mil seed funding earlier this year (see Business Insider’s “A startup has raised $7 million from investors in Uber and Robinhood to improve the way PR is measured”), then raised an additional $10mil at double the valuation a few months after which has not yet been announced.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of shaping the world’s narrative driven future.
Memo has scaled rapidly over the past year by developing a truly unique solution for the PR & Communications industry – we have established a completely new measurement standard for earned media. While we are already gaining traction in the industry, we have not yet meaningfully invested into marketing and see a tremendous opportunity to drive awareness, educate the market, and communicate our story.
Memo is looking for an exceptional candidate to own outbound and inbound demand generation and sales funnel development activities. Working closely with the VP of Sales and Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels (SEM, email, retargeting, targeted social advertising, events, etc.) that supports the sales pipeline and results in high-quality opportunities.
Although you will start as an individual contributor, you will help lead the build out of the marketing function while collaborating cross-functionally with other departments, including Sales, Customer Success, Operations and Product. You work well under pressure, find creative solutions, can wear multiple hats, manage multiple projects and deadlines, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
You’ll be working on:
- Design, plan, manage, and optimize integrated digital campaigns across multiple channels to to drive new business opportunities and revenue
- Own the B2B lead-generation function (MQL + SQL) and ensure monthly targets are met and/or exceeded by utilizing best practices while experimenting with creative strategies and less-proven tactics
- Provide visibility into marketing campaign results, measure campaign efficacy (including channel metrics, attribution, ROI, etc.) and provide actionable insights based on analysis
- Provide strategic guidance on the development of content marketing and thought leadership programs and materials, and oversee all promotional planning in support of these programs
- Work closely with the sales team to understand needs and requirements to accelerate lead flow, collaborate on the build out of our Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategy, and refine lead scoring, ICP, and any other factors that will help boost opportunity creation
- Iterate paid search, paid social, and content syndication spend and messaging strategy to consistently improve efficacy
- Manage demand generation program budgets
- Define and map buyer’s journey by audience
- Promote a culture of continuous testing, learning, and improvement
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years in a demand generation role for an enterprise SaaS company with proven, full-funnel B2B experience driving leads-to-revenue
- Extensive experience at developing, executing, and measuring innovative and results-focused demand programs and campaigns with a strong understanding of how to balance various strategies across paid, web, social, email, ABM, and more
- Obsessed with the customer experience and the customer journey; ability to create programs that work at each stage of the journey to add value, create engagement, and drive action
- Demonstrated analytical ability, specifically around program measurement, optimization, and ROI, and program execution skills
- Strong familiarity with marketing automation and CRM tools (Salesforce, preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written skills with the ability to clearly conceive and articulate complex concepts and frameworks to a broad audience in a creative way
- Ability to think strategically and map back current activities to broader goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you have a strong sense of ownership and work ethic, can deliver high-impact work in an ambiguous environment
It'd be nice if you had experience with:
- Leading and owning the outbound SDR function
- Implementing a marketing automation platform
- Knowledge of the Public Relations and Communications industry
- Early stage SaaS marketing experience
Key Things to Know
- This will likely be a NYC-based role (can be remote)
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.