VP of Demand Generation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that. And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Vice President, Demand Generation to lead our product-led acquisition and revenue growth efforts. This role reports into the CMO.
As the VP Demand Generation, you’ll bring 10+ years of marketing experience in fast-paced, high-growth environments to Workable to help it rapidly expand its category leadership position in the global SMB segment. You think like a consumer marketer and understand how to utilize different acquisition channels to drive traffic and manufacture demand in a product-led model. You’re up to speed on performance marketing channels, ranging from paid search to paid social to podcast and radio advertising. You’re an expert on SEO and are highly experienced in conversion rate optimization and A/B testing. You’ve managed agencies, budgets, internal personnel, and are comfortable interfacing with - and being accountable to - executive leadership. You thrive on data, but balance that with a nimble, highly creative approach to developing marketing campaigns, programs, and initiatives. If you can do all of this and are ready to help Workable rapidly expand its roster of SMB clients worldwide, we can’t wait to meet you.
If you prefer to read bullets, here are the job responsibilities:
- Build out a scalable, accountable acquisition marketing function that is responsible for achieving targets for: quality traffic growth, trial starts, trial activation, trial>paid conversion, self-service revenue, traditional lead gen, marketing qualified pipeline, and net new bookings
- Optimize Workable’s inbound marketing efforts and improve conversion of the 2MM+ monthly unique visitors already visiting workable.com
- Oversee all paid acquisition efforts, manage external SEM/SEO agency, and oversee/deploy Workable's paid media budget
- Experiment with other forms of paid media, including podcast, radio, and OOH advertising
- Partner closely with Workable's content team to generate meaningful increases in quality traffic
- Support Workable’s inbound and outbound SDR teams in their efforts to efficiently identify, capture, and convert demand
- Work closely with product marketing on creating opportunities and pipeline for new features and products - both from existing customers and net new prospects
- Report on self-service acquisition and revenue metrics to key stakeholders across the business
- Report on inbound and outbound campaign/channel performance, focusing on self-service conversion and pipeline creation
- Develop understanding of efficiency metrics and optimize efforts to continuously drive down CAC and improve lifetime value
- Influence the buildout of the martech stack to ensure Workable maximizes its demand generation efforts
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a demand generation, growth/performance marketing, or e-commerce role
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- 3+ years building, managing and leading teams
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
- Familiarity with a range of martech and analytics tools (e.g. Hubspot, Google Adwords, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Outreach, Tableau, web personalization and A/B testing tools, in-app product analytics/adoption tools, and more)
- Experience building and overseeing execution of campaigns
- Strong SEO skills - both from a content creation and a technical standpoint
Bonus points for:
- Experience in SaaS/tech
- Leading the demand or growth function in a product-led environment
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- Retirement Plan
- Generous PTO
- Mobile Plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Remote work is offered in MA, NH, ME, RI, ME, CT, NY & NJ
Your application has been successfully submitted.