Manager - Sales Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Manager - Sales Marketing
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Manager - Sales Marketing on our Marketing & Membership team. As a Manager - Sales Marketing you will develop and deploy marketing campaigns and communications to drive leads and support achievement of sales goals. You will also track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to provide recommendations for optimizing messaging and future marketing tactics. You will be responsible for supporting the sales team through development and guidance of effective sales presentations and marketing collateral and leverage market intelligence to provide recommendations to drive growth and advance the business through understanding target audiences.
- Develop messaging, marketing plans and materials to support sales and lead generation efforts
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Oversee creation of marketing materials for website, digital advertising, exhibitions, direct mail and email campaigns
- Direct copy for emails, landing pages and presentations
- Work with media partners to drive demand-gen campaigns by effectively negotiating rates and delivering full lead gen campaigns
- Collaborate with internal and external designers to develop high quality creative assets
- Partner with email, performance marketing and web teams to design, test and evolve lead nurturing tactics
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis to recommendation resource allocation in alignment with the strategy
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain to assess against goals
- Use analytics to continuously update content and drive higher conversion rates
Market Intelligence & Presentation Development
- Execute and leverage market research and customer insights to build and enhance marketing plan and strategy, define the needs/desires of prospects and recommend tactics on how to present/close deals with the sales team
- Create, update and maintain sales presentation and proposal templates for all products and audiences
- Customize sales presentations for large prospect meetings and train the sales team on the delivery of the presentations
- Research and purchase contact lead lists to effectively fill Account Executive pipelines
- Lead, mentor and provide management oversight for professional staff
- Responsible for setting objectives, evaluating performance, and developing staff
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in marketing, business administration preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience creating marketing campaigns, marketing strategy, and marketing plans with the objective of developing sales leads required
- Experience in B to B sales required; experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Experience managing and developing staff
- Proven ability to drive measurable, profitable leads and results that generate sales leads through marketing efforts with a focus on event marketing and messaging
- Experience with content marketing, digital marketing campaign execution, email marketing copywriting, lead generation and other conversion-enhancing digital efforts (eg. SEO/SEM)
- Exceptional skills in cleaning, organizing and analyzing data (dynamic charts, pivot tables, complex formulas, macros, look ups/text functions, VBA, etc.) with proven experience with Google Analytics e-commerce platforms, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and marketing campaign management tools required
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective verbal and written business communications skills; ability to concisely and visually communicate key insights
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
Your application has been successfully submitted.