Director of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Grammy’s. The FedEx Open. The BET Awards. Over 200,000 weddings. These are a few of the events that we’ve helped small businesses Curate. We’ve given small business owners around the globe hundreds of thousands of hours back to their families and businesses by building an ERP specifically for them.
Curate develops a SaaS platform that automates the tedious parts of event planning. Small businesses, like florists, caterers, and other event professionals, depend on us to deliver flawless experiences everyday. Our software makes it easy to organize all the information they need for an event and turn it into gorgeous proposals, accurate recipes, and streamlined wholesale orders, saving them time and making them more profitable.
As Director of Marketing, your mission will be to optimize our marketing operations as we shift our current sales and marketing motions to a product-led, go-to-market strategy. As an ideal candidate, you have extensive marketing experience and comprehensive knowledge of branding and the user journey. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are exceptional and applied empathy is your strength. You’ll work closely with the engineering, sales, and product teams to experiment and develop strategies that drive users into the product and help accelerate growth, conversion, expansion, and retention.
What You'll Do:
- Develop customer journey and user personas, by deeply understanding our users, market, and competitors; demonstrating how our product addresses specific customer pain points
- Use effective channels to increase brand engagement and attract an audience that’s interested in experiencing the value our product provides (i.e. email, social media, 3rd party channels, etc.)
- Own the website and deliver a compelling trial and signup experience with low bounce rates and high conversion
- Develop and drive brand, messaging, and content to engage users throughout the customer journey (i.e. blogs, whitepapers, webinars, customer stories)
- Identify short-term and long-term resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget
- Hold regular meetings with the sales team to review pipeline, identify challenges and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure consistent performance
- Oversee, attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reporting
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for a successful launch of our new product in 2022
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of comprehensive marketing exp with 3-4+ years of B2B product marketing exp at a high-growth SaaS company
- Experience successfully launching products with a bottoms-up/PLG GTM
- Ability to create crisp and compelling narratives; superb written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading a marketing team
- Proficient in product analytics, in-app messaging, and conversational marketing tools (i.e. Intercom) and strong ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of user experience
- Ability to be self-directed and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Collaborative skills to accept and incorporate ideas into strategies
- Expert at experimentation and A/B testing
- Proficient with data – in particular the ability to identify insights from open-ended or equivocal data
- Understanding of marketing functions in a B2B SaaS environment (i.e. field marketing, digital marketing, etc.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.