Head of Demand Generation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Convictional. We are building the future of B2B trade.
Each year, trillions of dollars worth of B2B trade is transacted using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). EDI is difficult for modern businesses to work with. Convictional is changing that.
Our Supplier Enablement Platform enables retailers and marketplaces to onboard, integrate, and transact with all of their suppliers. Convictional's API-driven infrastructure is used by large retailers like Staples, Indigo, Harry Rosen, and brands like Caraway and Detox Market. We recently raised a Series A financing to scale our impact to even more companies.
Convictional's platform is informed by thousands of hours of customer consultation and a deep appreciation for both the buyer and seller perspectives. We are continuing to learn about the massive value to be unlocked from all types of B2B trade, including marketplace, dropship and wholesale. We’re aiming at theoretical maximums, not feature-completeness, and intend to bring as many businesses along with us as we can.
Taking a new approach to an old problem is nothing special. Our team, and how we engage with each other, is. We are proud to be building a home for kind nerds who want to impact global trade. Our team is strengthened when we take a learning-first approach and seek out opportunities to debate the best customer-focused solutions. We value self-awareness and feel compelled to fully explore the hard questions.
We are a fully distributed team with people located across Canada and the US. We encourage you to design your work schedule and environment so they’re optimal for you. We use email, not Slack. We default to no internal meetings and Deep Work Wednesdays. We expect you to go to coaching or therapy at least occasionally and adhere to 10% compound time.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer infrastructure that will move trillions of dollars worth of B2B trade. We welcome those who want to join us.
About the role
We are seeking a Head of Demand Generation to take ownership over our enterprise and mid-market segment acquisition funnels and make them repeatable, predictable and defensible engines for growth. As our Head of Demand Generation you will
- Deeply understand our distinct customer segments and implement strategies tailored to each unique buyer journey
- Own execution on our global enterprise target account list, including segmentation and identification of intent indicators
- Conceive, implement and measure demand gen campaign experiments, including events (IRL and virtual), digital advertising, email and direct mail campaigns
- Campaign creation and orchestration: planning, execution, project management, measurement and iteration
- Build playbooks for all stages of the enterprise funnel, from awareness to nurturing
- Own account based marketing (ABM) process and requirements for tooling
- Measure return on investment of campaigns
- Strong customer empathy and desire to work at a product-led company
- Opinionated about marketing: your experience and love of learning has informed your own personal playbook for demand generation success
- Systems thinker: excellent data analysis.
- Creative: Willing to test new, unproven campaigns
- Product-minded: Understanding our personas, and how our product solves their problems and telling these stories across channels. Our demand funnel is an extension of our product lifecycle and should be managed with the wider perspective of customer success
- Experience targeting large accounts ($100M total revenue companies, with multi-persona buying committees, including C-level, VP and management roles across functions)
- Experience building, managing, and reporting on campaigns to drive enterprise funnel
- Experience recruiting and managing a team
- Demonstrated success implementing enterprise account based marketing programs, with high collaboration with business development and sales teams
- Experience executing or managing targeted account-based paid advertising including Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party agencies
- Base salary of $130,000 - $180,000 + Stock Options; on target earnings of $230,000 - $280,000
- Comprehensive benefits, including a Healthcare Spending Account
- WFH stipend, learning budget, and corporate cards to ensure you’re never waiting for reimbursement
- 3 weeks paid vacation + one week shut down at the end of the year
We are only prepared to hire candidates currently living in Canada and the United States and are unable to consider other international applicants.
Your application has been successfully submitted.