Senior Content Marketing Manager
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will own the strategy and creation of high-impact content for our target audience. You will be joining a fast-growing, exciting company culture that is on a mission to help nonprofits around the world grow their impact. This role will join a team focused on producing and publishing all of the content our customers and prospects consume -- and will have the ability to define the growth of the content team alongside the growth of our company. This is a dynamic, high-performing team that is looking for its next teammate to help accelerate the growing impact of content on our business.
This particular content marketing role will be responsible for identifying and responding to content gaps to support marketing and sales campaigns. You understand the importance of a full-funnel approach and audience personas, deploying tactics to ensure you’re speaking to the right people, at the right time. We’re looking for someone who is a strategic thinker with a proven track record of conceptualizing, producing, and measuring high-impact content. You’re our ideal candidate if you make decisions based on data, have great storytelling capabilities, and can excel in a cross-functional, matrix team environment. Advanced writing skills are essential to being successful in this role.
- Own the content strategy and lifecycle across owned and paid channels to meet awareness and demand generation goals
- Develop and edit a variety of content assets aligned to persona and buyer journey - including case studies, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, white papers, email campaigns, social, website updates, and webinars
- Be the focal point of any thought leadership and sales support content request, whether you are creating it, editing it, or supporting other content needs on the team
- Own performance metrics for content, optimizing for engagement and conversion
- Serve as managing editor for all content to promote our narrative while ensuring quality, clarity, and consistency of voice
- Create and maintain a content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year
- Work closely with the marketing team members to ensure all content is aligning to marketing goals and campaign plans
- Use target keywords to write copy that is optimized for search engines (SEO) while remaining entertaining and informative
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field required
- 5+ years experience in content marketing
- Strong understanding of SEO tactics and strategies
- Able to tell great stories in order to own the content development workflow: idea generation, research, writing, editing
- Comfortable in a high production environment but skilled in thinking through creative solutions for distributing content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; proven ability to comprehend and convey complex information quickly and clearly
- Strong project management and organizational skills including content calendar creation
- Proficiency in digital content management platforms (social, website, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Proven time management skills, ability to adjust priorities and handle multiple tasks while paying
- Examples of writing and publications required
- Bonus: Understanding of Moz, WordPress, and/or Google Analytics
Who are we?
Neon One develops cloud-based (SaaS) software products that help nonprofit organizations raise more funds, grow their databases, run successful events, and manage their programs. Our mission is simple: To help our clients fulfill their missions.
Why work with us?
- Neon One offers great benefits, including health/ dental/ vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, and flexible spending accounts.
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance and offer flexible time off, sick days, and family leave.
- We believe in giving back so much that we made it into an official benefit - employees are encouraged to use one workday per month to volunteer with any nonprofit in your community.
- We embrace the distinctive qualities of all members of our community and foster an environment where everyone is conscious of the different experiences each of us brings to the table.
- We are committed to advancing equity, pursuing diversity, and fostering inclusion; each of these is crucial to our capacity for innovation and success.
- We strongly believe in a diverse workforce where everyone is fairly compensated according to their experience and the demands of their position.
- We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture where each employee feels safe, respected, and free.
Your application has been successfully submitted.