Associate Director of New Channels
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
What we do in Performance Marketing:
We are a world class Performance Marketing team that focuses on managing large scale marketing campaigns across all areas of travel. Performance marketing is ripe for disruption and tremendous growth, especially as we scale our revolutionary subscription program, Tripdadvisor Plus. We experiment with new channels and partners, scale what works, and optimize world-wide initiatives, working closely with business, product, engineering, and brand.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an Associate Director to lead testing and expansion to “new” channels for the Tripadvisor brand, world-wide. New channels is a purposely broad definition that includes everything that is not in our core channels (SEM, Meta Marketing, Affiliates, Display, Social Ads). We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and proactive leader who can help us find the next big channel(s) for Tripadvisor, scale them profitably, and make an impact on the company bottom line.
This role has a highly visible set of responsibilities, developing a robust testing roadmap, launch plans, and the end to end strategy for the initiatives we’ll end up scaling. This leader will play an integral role in transforming the organization — building direct relationships with our customers over the long term, and growing a subscription based business.
The Associate Director will report to the Senior Director of Performance Marketing and work closely with other senior leaders to develop category specific marketing strategies and help scale new direct to consumer products.
The Associate Director of New Channels will be responsible for, among other things:
- Develop and drive a testing roadmap for New Channels, globally
- Act as a critical thought partner to the Senior Director of Performance Marketing and other senior leaders on the evolving role of performance marketing
- Exceed ambitious but achievable goals for the assigned channels across multiple sites, geographies, and languages
- Work closely with a highly experienced team of marketers, analysts, and data scientists
- Partner with the dedicated engineering team to develop tools and features
- Partner with product, brand, and design on developing bar-raising creative
- Develop vendor relationship(s) to access best practices and betas to new tools
- Track, analyze, and report on key performance metrics and identify areas of opportunity to improve KPIs across areas of responsibility
- Work cross-functionally across consumer marketing, creative, product management, and development teams
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and outside-in thinking on best and evolving practices, and ensure the team is constantly at the edge of the newest high potential opportunities or ways of working
- Advise on digital and marketing best practices, the latest tools and systems
What we are looking for?
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, business development, partnerships across multiple channels, both digital (OTT, podcasts, social) and traditional (direct mail, OOH, sponsorships)
- Experience building, growing, and managing strong teams - strategic hiring, coaching, and development of entry-level through senior product managers
- Experience working closely with engineering and data science partners to develop custom tools and strategies to maximize performance
- Experience working alongside design and brand on creative and customer experience, striking the right balance between brand and performance
- Proven track record of standing up new channels from scratch and scaling them globally
- Deep understanding and experience in leveraging 1st and 3rd party data, and in dealing with ever changing privacy regulations across geos
- Excellent leadership skills with experience working successfully cross-functionality
- Proven ability to execute in a fast paced environment – results oriented with roll-up-the-sleeves attitude
- Exceptional problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to think and act creatively, strategically, and tactically
- Strong, relentless attention and focus to details
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at one-time with very little direction
- Entrepreneurial spirit, mindset and work ethic are a must
Your application has been successfully submitted.
There's good out there