Senior Specialist, Internal Communications and Employer Brand
As an Internal Communications and Employer Brand, Senior Specialist, you’ll be on the front lines of helping to drive and execute strategies that help keep an increasingly dispersed global team of Tripadvisor employees informed, motivated and aligned on company strategies and employee-oriented benefits and career growth initiatives. Additionally, in an ever increasing competitive landscape for the top talent, your job will help position the business as a best-in-class, innovative place to work.
The world of internal communications is evolving beyond emails and intranets as industry becomes more global, more distributed and more reliant on new technologies to help cut through the clutter and make an impact. The average employee at Tripadvisor is running at Internet speed, and this role will need to be adept at self executing impactful internal communications and employee branding projects, while also working to collaborate with cross-functional teams in creating and maintaining strong relationships across the organization.
Reporting into the Director of Internal Communications, you will work amongst colleagues within the company’s Global Communications and Industry Affairs organization, which operates as an in-house shared services group with a number of internal clients across the business. With your main internal client, being the People Operations team, you will make an impact on employees’ lives across the organization, all over the world.
Your work will include:
- Leader Communications Support: Supporting internal communications activities targeting all company employees on behalf of the People Operations organization, inclusive of supporting the Chief People Officer, Employee Experience (facilities and work culture); Benefits; Learnings and Development; Recruiting; Equity Diversity and Inclusion, Social Impact, etc. At times, this can also mean lending support to other senior leadership at Tripadvisor during internal communications events, e.g. town halls, etc.
- Planning Support: Supporting the Director of Internal Communications to develop comprehensive communications plans, strategies and programs that help articulate important company initiatives driving company culture and alignment around strategy
- Content Development: Writing, editing and writing some more! Working in partnership with People Operations and Communications leadership, drafting email communications to announce important news, newsletter content, town hall scripts, Intranet site content, Slack communications, responding to internal and external town hall questions, employer review websites, etc. Bonus points for candidates with video editing skills.
- Content Management: Management of key technology channels aimed at communicating to the company at-large, e.g. People Operations email outreach, Passport (the company’s intranet), Slack, AirTable, etc.
- Employer Branding: Helping to develop employer branded content for social media promotion, in partnership with Communications and the Brand team, through channels like LinkedIn, Glassdoor and collaborating with others on the social media team to promote news
- Awards: Identify and submit applications, working in partnership with colleagues on the Communications team, to employer awards programs, inclusive of Best Places/Most Innovative places to work, executive spotlights, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in PR / communications with a specific acumen in tech communications
- Preferred both agency and in-house experience
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, high energy, collaborative team player
- Strong project management skills and the proven ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
There's good out there