CXL is an elearning company focused on digital marketing. It's 90% recurring revenue, so similar to a SaaS business.
We’re a small but ambitious business, with big impact. We punch above our weight.
Since our inception in 2011 we’ve made a name for ourselves as the top resource for conversion optimization expertise. We've built a reputation as THE destination for data-driven marketing training.
We run 2 world class conferences each year - CXL Live and Elite Camp (or used to before covid).
We’re self-funded, profitable, and have been growing every single year around 40-45%. We’re proud of that, but we want to grow faster.
We deliver known quality, and have a strong brand - among those who know us. There are a lot of fans out there.
We're looking to bring on someone that wants "I built a killer a media company inside a company" on their resume.
Come build a media machine consisting of blog content, web shows, virtual and live events, podcasts, community, and more.
CXL has a history of content stars: we've had folks like Derek Gleason, Alex Birkett, Shanelle Mullin and Tommy Walker run the ship. Now it's your turn. Ambition is higher than ever before, so is the creative challenge and fun.
You'll get autonomy, perks, mentorship.
Our blog and brand are well-known in the space, over the last 10 years we've positioned ourselves as the knowledge leader in data-driven marketing with a focus on conversion optimization and analytics.
The goal is to publish the best content out there on data-driven marketing: optimization & testing, analytics and growth marketing. We're looking to grow from a niche brand to mainstream.
Your role is to create a media machine: develop a winning content/media strategy that's supporting our overall strategy, and executing it across multiple channels:
• our blog
• social media channels, esp LinkedIn and Twitter, but also expanding to new channels
• webinars and web shows
• virtual and live events
You create, source and produce world class content on data-driven marketing + get our content out there - more eyeballs, attention, shares, backlinks. Each piece needs to be absolute world class.
You need an ability to deliver and publish world class content every single week.
We’ll support your professional development and teach you what we know. And you will always be working directly with other members in the team.
- Create and execute content strategy that goes across mediums
- Write long form thought leadership content for the CXL blog based on our editorial guidelines.
- Re-purpose and distribute content for various channels
- Source and edit content from world class practitioners
- Content distribution: getting more eyeballs on our content
- Identifying and capitilizing on SEO opportunities (keyword research and analysis etc)
- Start, manage and grow our podcast
- Run regular webinars and web shows
- Manage virtual and live event series
IS THIS YOU?
- You've produced and distributed world class content before, built content machines - and can demonstrate it
- You've written for top marketing publications, and can show off a portfolio of well-research articles.
- You've grown internet publications before and know what needs to be done
- You are highly proactive, do not need to be micromanaged
- Ready to learn a lot and put in the needed effort
- Comfortable with hitting deadlines.
- You're fast: writing 2 in-depth content pieces / week would be no problem
- A good understanding of content marketing, SEO, and social media
- Excellent understanding of various mediums: video, audio, written word, live content
WHAT WE OFFER
Advantages of working for us:
Learn from people who know their stuff. We have serious A-players on the team.
Work on exciting things. The world is your playground. We have exciting clients and interesting projects.
Personal development. We support your growth with mentorship, necessary books, courses, and so on. You get to work with people that push you to become better.
Freedom. No one will micromanage you. You have the freedom to take on and lead new projects within the company as long as they support our overall goals.
Be part of something big. Who thinks small remains small. Be surrounded by people going places.
Your role and responsibilities in our company can grow with you. Daniel Pink wrote this in his seminal book "Drive": People are most motivated by having autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We make sure you get a ton of all three.
CXL is a very professional team: you'll be working with a high-performing crew that will help you elevate your game. We'll also make sure you love coming in or online every day - fun is a serious business at CXL.
Competitive salary + health insurance.
We don’t overwork people, it’s a 40 hour work week.
Our office is in Austin, TX, but we're open to remote. We have people all over.
You get a fun, driven team of colleagues to work with.
28 paid vacation days - plenty of time to sharpen the saw
In-office gym - sound body, sound mind
All-you-can-learn from CXL Institute: full access to all courses - we’re an education business after all
Unlimited sick leave - stay home, get well
Flexible working hours - we care about shipping, not when you’re at the office
Your application has been successfully submitted.