Associate Digital Communications Manager
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a compelling mission: we are working to help make the federal government a more dynamic, innovative, and effective servant of the American people, and we have a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion, and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and are good to one another in the process.
Are you a creative and mission-driven digital storyteller who wants to grow something new? We are seeking an Associate Digital Communications Manager to help create content and manage the digital presence, including social media channels, website and email marketing efforts, for the Partnership for Public Service’s new initiative, the Alliance for Congress. The Alliance for Congress looks beyond the politics of the moment toward a time when our nation is more well-served and more represented by a Congress that solves critical problems and addresses public concerns.
The Associate Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for the successful planning and implementation of the initiative’s marketing and digital engagement efforts and will help execute the initiative’s communications strategy. The Associate Digital Communications Manager will manage the Alliance for Congress social media channels and implement digital and social media strategies including producing, curating, publishing and editing social media and website content; working with coalition partners; overseeing the blog, newsletter and email campaigns; and creating and producing other digital and visual storytelling content.
The Associate Digital Communications Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of marketing, graphic design, social media, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Alliance for Congress communications team, develop long- and short-term strategies for the initiative’s digital presence.
- Create content, maintain and manage the Alliance for Congress’ social media channels, website, and email marketing platforms.
- Under the direction of the Alliance for Congress communications team, create and distribute content that shifts public perception around Congress, including written content, video, graphics and other digital and visual storytelling content. Ensure that content includes language that promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and resonates with diverse audiences.
- Monitor and track developments in Congress and with partner organizations and identify opportunities to elevate their voices in Alliance for Congress work and communication campaigns.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in social media, best practices and emerging platforms that may be relevant to the Alliance for Congress and coalition partners. Identify and implement compelling opportunities for the Alliance to inject its voice and work into external campaigns and movements.
- Working with the Alliance for Congress communications team, develop and implement digital communication strategies that activate, amplify and support the work of partner organizations, lawmakers and congressional staff. Develop a range of digital communication materials for allies such as digital toolkits.
- Working the Alliance for Congress Communications Director and Deputy Press Secretary, build and develop relationships with communications representatives from congressional offices and other partner organizations in support of the Alliance’s key initiatives.
- Monitor and report on key communications activities, campaigns and analytics from digital platforms.
- A willingness to be available after business hours as needed to keep pace with busy news cycles.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record collaborating on projects in a team environment.
- Very strong eye for detail and concern for quality.
- Flexibility, a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in.
- Familiarity with email marketing and social media best practices.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand, compelling messages.
- Demonstrated political savviness and judgment.
- Passion for the mission of the Partnership for Public Service and our nonpartisan values.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or similar field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in digital communications, preferably working on Capitol Hill or with other public officials, on political campaigns or with a political or advocacy organization.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing social media channels, including monitoring analytics and implementing organic and paid growth strategies.
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, HubSpot or other email/direct marketing platforms is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or other constituent relationship management platforms a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Alliance for Congress Communications Director. This position may supervise interns.
The Partnership offices are located in Washington, DC, but we are accepting applications from candidates living outside of the area but within the United States. This position must work eastern time zone hours. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required as well. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing maximum flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day. Very little out of the area and/or overnight travel will be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401K program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership strives to be an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. They actively recruit for diversity in the workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to their mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Effective October 15, 2021, all Partnership employees, regardless of position or physical location, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. A simple unnotarized copy of the official vaccination card or a notarized COVID-19 Vaccination Form attesting to full vaccination must be provided to the Vice President of Human Resources, prior to October 15, 2021. For new employees starting work with the Partnership on or after October 1, 2021, the documentation must be provided within two weeks after the start date.
If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Vice President of Human Resources by the above deadline. The Partnership will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Partnership. However, such reasonable accommodations are not required and cannot be guaranteed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.