Community Marketing Manager
About Thrive (a True Company)
Thrive is a fast-growing software company based outside of Philadelphia with about a third of its employees distributed throughout the US. Our mission is to make hiring for executive leadership positions easier, faster, and more equitable. Thrive’s clients include some of the world’s largest search firms, venture capital/private equity firms, and corporate executive recruitment teams including Starbucks, NEA, and Boyden.
Executive hiring is unlike typical staffing and recruiting. Most executives are passive candidates, meaning they don't apply for positions. They are commonly found through well-maintained networks and relationships. Unfortunately, most popular recruiting tools and CRMs don’t work well for this use case. Enter Thrive, purpose-built software for executive recruiting and leadership talent management. We are aggressively investing in building disruptive solutions that help talent professionals find the best leaders, build curated talent networks, and place executives.
Thrive was born out of True, one of the fastest-growing organizations in the talent advisory space.
True is a global platform of companies that optimizes value creation by placing executive talent, developing business leaders, creating diverse and inclusive networks, and using innovative technology to advance executive talent priorities. With offices in North America, EMEA, & APAC, True’s team of industry and functional experts leverage their deep networks to connect companies with leading talent to transform businesses and industries.
About the Role
Thrive is seeking a Community Marketing Manager to help build up the next-level experience of our backchannel VIP community: our forum for Executive Recruiting and Talent Management Professionals supporting hypergrowth. This community is all about building relationships and learning from each other: trading ideas on some of their thorniest challenges, opening up their own playbooks for knowledge sharing, and talking about what’s going on in the industry. We’ve validated that our community is delivering value with current members, so our next phase is to help grow our current base and keep engagement levels high. With that said, this role will focus on 3 priorities:
1) Growing our community in size, quarter over quarter
2) Helping our community to derive a ton of value from being an active member
3) Managing day-to-day community operations and working cross-functionally with other teams
This role will play a critical part in our content strategy and flywheel marketing, working closely with our Head of Marketing and Product Marketing Manager. Top 3 Key focus areas include:
- Content creation and curation
- Fostering social connectivity
- Analytics and general operations
Given the importance of our community, we plan to devote as much love and attention to nurturing our community as if it were a product and the Community Marketing Manager will lead the way. We want to ship new content regularly, test out new ideas, continually make improvements on delivery/format, and over deliver on our community experience.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Develop playbooks and timelines on how to effectively run and grow our community, to include: building the right infrastructure, onboarding/setting community guidelines, monthly discussion topics, communication streams (new members, new content added, monthly discussion notes, surveys), holiday gifts, member growth plans, and more
- Set up and monitor clear community success metrics to evaluate the success of the community each month
- Deliver reports on success metrics such as member growth, weekly active users, engagement numbers from top tier firms, number of people joining our monthly live meetups, and other engagement numbers within the community
- Partner with our Head of Marketing and Product Marketing Manager to line up new content that is designed to add value and further community engagement
- Identify and activate power users to gain more reach
- Identify our own indicators of long-term member retention
- Set up and monitor clear metrics, in cooperation with stakeholders, to evaluate the success of the community each month
- Optimize content and engagement reach, which may include distribution on various communications channels
- Record community member insights, building a repository and plans to disseminate the information to community members as well as internal teams at Thrive
- Become an expert when it comes to the needs, wants, and desires of our community members and what drives the most value for them
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and appreciation for what makes our members actively engage, develop plans to amplify best engagement practices
- Act as the main point of contact for community members, providing real-time support, answering questions and looping back with feedback
- Have a strong community-first pulse on up and coming trends, best practices, and resources that will be helpful to members
- Source compelling topics for new content based on community activity and meetup notes
- 2-5 years of experience building community
- 1+ years experience in marketing a bonus
- Excited about how community can be THE driver for building meaningful peer relationships
- Proactive and curious. You’re looking for ways to grow our community members, shaping the best community experience possible, and setting the stage for best practices for engagement and continually delivering on the curated content they’ve been asking for
- A clear communicator with great organizational and project management skills
- Prior experience with a community platform is a big plus (Circle, Mighty Networks, others)
- Prior experience with HR Tech a plus
We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. Thrive understands its responsibility to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry. We need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, mentorship experience, and/or thought leadership. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- We’re small enough to be a startup, but large enough to have stability.
- Be part of an incredibly bright team, where we genuinely enjoy working together.
- Learning is an important part of our culture, we offer educational reimbursement for continuing education.
- We foster a supportive, inclusive environment and provide many comforts to help with your work setup including sit/stand desks, MacBook Pros, and more.
- We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, Health Savings Account with employer contribution, 401(k) plan with company matching, FSA and commuter benefits.
- You’ll have ownership over an important part of our marketing flywheel, shaping its direction and fueling its growth
- Strong culture and core company values: client-centric, innovative, hungry, humble and inclusive
- Fully remote work or work from our headquarters in Haddonfield, NJ (marketing team members are located across the US)
Your application has been successfully submitted.