Business Development Representative
Ultimately, you will help boost sales through the adoption of the NewStore Omnichannel Platform, contributing to the long-term growth of the business.
You’ll set sales appointments and source opportunities by researching, connecting, and building relationships with decision-makers at retail brands—prospect (cold call, email, social, and more), qualify leads, run discovery calls, give demos, and handover sales-ready leads to the Account Executives.
You’ll gain B2B sales experience in enterprise software—this position lays the foundation for a successful career with growth opportunities at the company for a candidate, one who is coachable, hardworking, curious, and able to crush their KPIs. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing.
Your first 3-6 months
- Learn the NewStore product, messaging, and retail industry
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, messaging, product, [more]
- Participate in professional sales training as part of your development
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Build relationships with the decision-makers at our target prospects
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Build relationships with your field and sales engineering, and marketing colleagues
- Expand your knowledge of field sales duties and responsibilities
- Shadow AEs and field sales team to learn the ins-and-outs of their day-to-day
- Set goals and chart a path for promotion with your manager
- Play larger supporting role in driving early-stage sales opportunities
- Secure and set up meetings and calls with prospective customers
- Manage strategic outreach through cold calls, emails, and direct mail campaigns
- Establish relationships with leading retail brands to drive top of funnel opportunities
- Qualify net-new prospects and leads generated from Marketing and Sales campaigns, programs and activities
- Serve as the first point of contact for qualifying and following up with inbound leads
- Run discovery calls and demos with prospects
- Drive attendance to NewStore company events; secure meetings with key prospects at tradeshows and conferences
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services; proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Work to develop new and effective tactics, campaigns to reach target accounts
- Report to the Sr. Director of Marketing, who runs Inside Sales at NewStore on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 1-2 years of technology sales experience
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; negotiation experience a plus
- Enjoys the thrill of the “hunt”
- A well-developed sense of self-accountability, motivation, and ambition
- Technology and business savvy
- Understand sales performance metrics and deliverables
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calling)
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Drift, etc.
- Familiarity with Google and MS Suite, SalesLoft or Outreach, etc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), personal development budget, Apple MacBook, Telco reimbursement, remote work flexibility, “life-friendly” working hours, and a generous paid time off policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bring the joy back to retail.