Content Marketing Manager
The Content Marketing Manager is the voice for GoodUnited. Balancing the need to deliver demand gen content with the opportunity to create market thought leadership, this role will establish the GoodUnited brand voice as they first write formative content (Whitepapers, Success Stories, Pillar Pages and abstracts for Podcasts and Digital Events) and then scale the content function across a team of writers they contract and manage, advising on content strategy, themes, publication and repurposing channels.
What does a Content Marketing Manager do at GoodUnited?:
- Develops, owns and executes the content strategy for GoodUnited:
- Determines the topics that need to be explored
- Aligns content with core GoodUnited messaging: Mission, Vision, Values
- Writes the content i.e., whitepapers, industry thought leadership, demand gen assets, success stories and/or Directs content creation through internal and contract resources they find and manage
What experience and skills does a Content Marketing Manager need to be successful here?:
- Proven work experience as a Content marketing manager
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress or other Content Management Software
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- BS degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
Some benefits of working for GoodUnited include (but are certainly not limited to):
- We pay at the top of your personal market. Unconventional? Yes. Our pay is set in the 75th percentile in the Charleston area. Our team comes to the plate every morning giving their BEST damn effort and saving the world isn’t easy work. If BEST is our standard, shouldn’t that apply to pay, too?
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision programs. 100% of the employee’s medical, dental, and vision premiums are paid by GU, with nominal buy-ups for additional dependents.
- Unlimited (and mandatory) PTO. We are built on an environment of trust and, like very few other companies out there, operate on three primary rules: 1) always act in the best interest of the company, 2) never do anything that makes it harder for others to achieve their goals, 3) do whatever you can to achieve your own goals. Other than that, our team is empowered to manage their time and schedules however they want.
- Birthday PTO. Your birthday is a day to celebrate YOU. GU employees have their birthdays as another PTO day to spend however they’d like.
- Parental Leave Program. We offer paid leave and other benefits to new parents so they can focus on what’s most important.
- ...among others!
Think you're a good fit? When you apply, please also include a cover letter that includes why you are the best candidate to be considered for this position. Let us know you found us on dgmgjobs too!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The leading social giving solution, equipping nonprofits to build meaningful 1:1 relationships with every supporter through conversational messaging o...