Manager, Podcast Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vancouver, BC (working remotely) We are one of the largest, fastest-growing, and most topically diverse podcast production agencies in the world and have been lucky enough to work with brands like Expedia, RBC, IDC, Lululemon, Cineplex and Saje (plus many more launched and in the works) in our short history. Our podcasts, collectively, represent a roster of meaningful and entertaining conversations and stories (that just happen to be brought to you by some of the world’s leading brands).
As the Manager of Podcast Marketing you’ll be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all podcast marketing efforts intended to grow the audience and engagement of our client’s podcasts.
- Develop marketing plans for our client’s shows – measuring and executing digital and traditional tactics designed to raise the profile of our shows and their hosts.
- Producing podcast marketing materials to raise awareness of our shows and increase downloads.
- Working with the creative team to cultivate, book, and monitor cross-promotional opportunities for our podcast hosts.
- Pitching media to raise the profile of our shows and its hosts.
- Play a role in our creative development process, researching and helping our team understand more about specific podcast audiences, and how our creative team can best craft a new show.
- Develop new and innovative ways to engage podcast listeners and develop fan communities across platforms.
- Develop a paid strategy to support growth benchmarks.
- Ensure effective execution of paid media campaigns.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and provide recommendations on improving performance.
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the company to build and sustain successful podcasts, including periodic check-ins with creative teams to assess performance.
- Partner with JAR Audio’s CEO, Chief Creative Officer and Director of Outreach to pitch new business and respond to RFPs.
- Manage the awards process for select podcasts.
- Help JAR Audio grow (we’re a young company, but have big plans), so putting on your entrepreneur hat will be key.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 6+ years experience in the development of innovative ways to build awareness for brands, especially in the digital space.
- PR/Publicity experience and US/Canadian market connections.
- The ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- The ability to present, advise and educate our clients and their teams.
- Experience in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Agency experience is not mandatory, but preferable.
- A passion for podcasting and an understanding of the fast-changing podcast industry.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing.
- Enthusiasm for teaching.
- Graphic design skills are not mandatory but preferred.
- Experience using reporting tools like Chartable and Omny Studio is not mandatory but preferred.
- Previous experience in podcast marketing not mandatory but preferred.
About working with JAR Audio:
JAR Audio is based in Vancouver, BC but we work remotely and our clients are across North America. We offer flexible hours and a relaxed, fun environment (while we all strive to deliver world-class audio for our clients). You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
JAR Audio is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. JAR Audio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are one of the World’s leading podcast productions companies.