Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for building out, leading and growing the marketing team at Rockerbox. This is a leadership role that reports into the CEO. The candidate should be able to grow with Rockerbox as we scale towards ~$20M in ARR. We're looking for candidates that can define the direction of their team (looking out 6/12/24 months) and ensure the plan is executed against.
We're looking for people that are excited about what Rockerbox is doing. Do any of the below fit your background?
- You've experienced attribution problems first hand. You know the confusion that emerges when you report out conversion counts of each platform only to get the question "why is the total conversions reported larger than what we see internally?"
- You find the transformation of retail towards DTC to be fascinating. You're following every new brand, platform and technology that empowers DTC. You want to be a part of the transformation
- You have first hand experience trying to build and grow a business. You understand first hand how important it is to have the underlying data that enables you to make educated decisions.
- Be the marketing leader at Rockerbox. Work with the rest of Rockerbox’s leadership team to align marketing with the rest of the organization.
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy for Rockerbox. This includes team structure and development, go-to-market strategy and continual refinement of the strategy.
- Lead all recruiting and hiring for your organization. You own the sourcing and recruiting of team members.
- Developing the marketing team. Ensuring there is a cadence to the team, proper meeting structures and a strong culture. Continually educating the team on marketing principles to ensure the team is improving.
- Building Rockerbox's marketing strategy while ensuring that it gets executed against.
- Grow Rockerbox's brand as we become the leading measurement provider in the industry. Determine our press strategy.
- Determine marketing mix / channel distribution / budgeting. Managing across all channels for customer acquisition (affiliate marketing, offline, webinars, events, podcasts, cross promotion, content, performance marketing, social, webinars)
- Developing product marketing / sales enablement collateral
- Leveraging Rockerbox's customers, partners and integrations as a marketing channel. Both on the developing existing customers as well as acquiring new customers.
This list is not exhaustive at all, and you'll have a lot of autonomy over your work. Ultimately, we're looking for someone with enough experience to tell us what we need to do to be successful — not someone that we assign to various marketing tasks. We are looking for a leader.
None of these are requirements, but do describe the kinds of people that we think would be most effective at Rockerbox right now.
- Love thinking broadly and creatively about problems and how to solve them efficiently.
- Roll up your sleeves / get your hands dirty mentality. Everyone at Rockerbox needs to get in the weeds.
- Experience in SaaS marketing. You have experience generating meetings for sellers.
- Understands systems, process and how to scale and recruit a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to monitor, analyze and measure experiment results
- Preference for ambiguity, open-ended problems.
- Excited for a front-row seat into a fast growing, early stage company. Things will change a lot!
- Enjoy thinking through trade-offs, with both mindfulness of short-term needs and our long-term direction.
- Happy writing documentation so that others can ramp up super easily and you're never a single-source-of-failure.
Rockerbox is the single source of truth for e-commerce brands. Rockerbox works with leading DTC brands such as Rothy's, Figs, Burton and Blue Apron to help them better understand and optimize the marketing levers that grow their companies. Rockerbox enables this through our SaaS platform that centralizes all of our customer's marketing spend and campaigns (paid, organic, digital and offline). Rockerbox has been honored with many prestigious awards. We were named the New York Times & 212 NYC Adtech Startup of the Year, winner of the ad:tech Startp Spotlight and ranked on the Inc. Magazine 5000 fastest growing companies in America for 2 years in a row.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Rockerbox is the single source of marketing truth for DTC bands