This job is no longer accepting applications.
Balto is hiring a Copywriter to join our collaborative and growing marketing team. As Balto’s first copywriter, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape the content strategy, understand the “why” behind every content piece, and work alongside the Head of Content strategy to ensure we are speaking to the right audience.
If you’re looking for the next step in your writing career - a role where you can help build something from scratch with a team of talented, kind people - this might be for you.
You will work directly with our Head of Content Strategy to help bring our vision for content to life. As a copywriter, you’ll immerse yourself in the world of contact centers and help produce content that educates, builds trust, and ultimately brings awareness of Balto. You’ll have the autonomy, confidence, and resources to do what you do best - being creative, crafting stories, and hooking the reader into your writing.
This role is the right fit for you if you’re passionate about storytelling with business outcomes, you want to be more than just a content factory, and you be part of a team that moves fast, has fun, and values trust and collaboration.
Based in St Louis, MO, Balto is the #1 real-time guidance platform for contact centers.
Balto is SaaS that coaches sales and customer service agents to improve their phone calls live while they’re on the phone with the customer. Powered by artificial intelligence, Balto listens to both sides of the conversation and visually prompts sales and customer service agents with the best things to say on every call.
Balto’s customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto’s real-time guidance technology to scale “perfect” to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what’s working on their phone calls and what’s not.
Start with gratitude: Stay humble, recognize others, and make the most of everything.
Always be growing: Never stop learning. Be a force of growth for yourself and others.
Leadership is Ownership: See the problem. Do the solution. Own the result.
Balto’s culture might be a good fit for you if you enjoy working in a high-trust, high-autonomy culture where colleagues and departments work together to get the company’s most important work done fast.
If you are excited to be a part of Balto’s success story and would like to learn more about how you will fit into the puzzle, please apply!
- Produce a variety of content our audience loves. You’ll do anything from repurposing podcast episodes into articles to analyzing 50+ million Balto calls for unique research content. (Command F is your friend)
- Write data-backed case studies and one-pagers that demonstrate the value of Balto to potential buyers.
- Improve website performance by writing conversion-focused copy.
- Interview subject matter experts, asking questions to extract their expertise.
- Write short-form copy for emails, podcast show notes, LinkedIn posts, etc., as-needed.
- Develop a deep understanding of Balto’s buyers through customer interviews, listening to sales calls, and immersing yourself in their world.
- Help deliver a consistent voice across all of our written work.
- You’re an exceptional writer, editor, and storyteller.
- You reject corporate lingo and marketing fluff - and embrace conversational writing that gets the point across (bonus points if you love Dave Gerhardt’s short, choppy copy).
- You have a strong portfolio of written B2B content, ideally in SaaS.
- You want to help shape content strategy rather than just executing what others ask of you.
- You have a knack for taking complex ideas and make them simple to understand.
- Telling compelling stories with data and industry insights is a passion of yours.
- You’re a self-starter, a team player, and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- You’re meticulously organized, respect deadlines, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- A quarterly professional development stipend to inspire continuous professional growth.
- Paid vacation and holidays, including five days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#1 Real-Time Guidance for contact centers