Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Saltmine is a B2B technology company reimagining the $300B workplace design industry from the ground up. We combine modern technology with deep industry expertise to transform the process of workplace strategy to programming to design & cost estimating.
We are growing quickly and looking for talented professionals to join our team in Boston. While we have 40+ active clients, we still very much have a start up mentality, so the right person will be hungry, focused, and willing to tackle whatever comes at us as we build the company. You should be a self-starter who is capable of owning their own work, while also being an integral member of our team.
The role: As the first hire on our marketing team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Making Saltmine synonymous with return to office. Today’s opportunity is to arm owners/occupiers with the guidance, data and tools they need to safely reopen offices and re-engage their employees, but the vision is so much bigger. We need a chief storyteller who can bring his or her strategic guidance, creativity and voice to Saltmine’s leadership team to evolve the brand, including messaging, tone, design, and public relations to drive heightened awareness and position us as thought leaders.
- Reimagining our demand gen strategy: We’re looking for someone who can build a scalable integrated marketing strategy that leads with content and is constantly evaluating the most effective messaging and channels. Between content, social and event strategy, we have a lot to do in the coming years to drive top of funnel engagement and enable our sellers. The right candidate will focus on experimenting, iterating and ensuring that marketing activities tie back to business results/outcomes.
- Building the infrastructure: It’s more than just the systems and tools, we want to have the right building blocks for scale in place from the early days. That means developing the right processes, KPIs/metrics, feedback loops and operating cadence to consistently deliver against goals. We have HubSpot in place and are partnered with New Breed Marketing to develop v1 of our demand gen strategy - help bring a new level of rigor and analysis to our marketing efforts.
- Scaling the team: Lead, coach, and grow the Marketing team as you create alignment and set priorities, all while making every person on the team a better marketer. The Marketing team will be small, but mighty - we need someone who is comfortable building a bench of talent and supplementing the newly formed team with external agencies and contractors.
The ideal candidate:
- 8+ years of experience in product or demand gen marketing with at least 3+ years of experience in a SaaS-based B2B environment
- A collaborative mindset, with a passion for bringing a story to life across contexts and functional channels (eg experiential, advertising, press)
- Have worked closely with in-house creative partners, creative agencies and paid media agencies
- Have incredible writing capabilities to articulate complex inputs into strong creative propositions in briefs
- Familiarity with creating clear KPIs and measuring success of campaigns through the funnel
- Proven ability to hire and develop a team
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience
- Knowledge of the workplace interior design industry and CRE trends in the US will be a bonus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Workplace transformation made easy