Podcast Content Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What’s Procket 🚀
We're here to help companies and creators consistently publish engaging content.
Many brands see the value of an ongoing and scalable approach to content. It breaks down, though, when they have to start new each time.
We help repackage the content companies are already creating, helping them get more "mileage" out of each piece. They send in their audio or video content — like podcasts, webinars, and YouTube videos. We turn those into ready-to-publish articles and social content.
Procket is young and growing fast. We're profitable and haven't raised any outside money. This means that our only focus is to solve for our customers and team. We see a clear path to a meaningful opportunity here that supports everyone who makes it possible. We're looking for bright minds who love telling stories to join us on this trip.
What’s the role of a writer at Procket?
As a writer, you'll create content for a variety of companies. We set this up to require little — if any — additional research. It's important to us that you have the freedom to work on different subjects without needing deep expertise.
Speed is something our customers love most about Procket. We're looking for writers who apply tight focus to the content in front of them. Those who can distill key ideas, themes, and then turn those into engaging content will be a great fit.
Here's how we set you up for success. We provide you an ongoing stream of audio or video content. We'll define the deliverables and then set you free with your own schedule.
Here are some of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Write narrative blog posts using the client’s voice and tone
- Work in your own writing knowledge and best practices
- Create engaging social posts for LinkedIn and Twitter to summarize key takeaways
- Pull out key takeaways and top quotes from transcripts
- Help improve Procket’s internal workflows and processes to optimize for both our clients and your benefit
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a passion for creating content
- You're a strong-self editor
- You know how to work backwards from deadlines and hold yourself accountable
- You believe in setting high standards for the work product delivered to client
- You have a growth mindset and are open to feedback
- You have prior experience in a writing role, whether it be journalism, content marketing, or something else
- You're familiar with working in Trello and Descript, the tools Procket uses to conduct business
The extra details:
- This is a part-time freelance position with a minimum engagement of 5 hours per week
- This could grow in commitment and responsibility over time — with good performance.
- We're a distributed team and are hiring in both US and EU timezones.
- We’re hiring for immediate start dates; this will be a standing opening
Sounds like a good fit — What's next?
Glad you asked — tap that link below to apply in less than 2 minutes.
Okay, details sent. Then, what's gonna happen? 🤔
- We'll have a quick call to get to know each other.
- We'll ask you to write some sample work so we can understand your approach. We'll pay you for this regardless of whether or not we're a good fit to work together.
- We'll onboard you as a writer if it's a good fit and get you working right away.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get more milage from your content.