Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ActiveNav is a Series A enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis and data privacy software market.
We’re passionate about our products and always seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high energy, and fast-moving – with a start-up feel.
With great products, brand-name customers, solid funding, and an impressive executive team, we’re excited about our rapid growth goals (which you’ll play a key part of!)
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position can be based in Reston, VA or remote.
ActiveNav has two primary product lines:
Our flagship product is an on-premises software made up of two modules, ACTIVE-Compliance and ACTIVE-Governance.
We’re launching a new SaaS product, ACTIVE-Inventory in the near future, and you’ll be working on launch plans.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced B2B product marketer to build out and run our product marketing function. This person will be responsible for planning and executing our overall product marketing strategy, including the development of product messaging and positioning to align our marketing efforts across all sales channels.
We’re looking for a self-starter who will research our target market and verticals, understand our competitive differentiation, and create compelling buyers’ journeys. This person will drive content development to support go-to-market activities across solutions and verticals, help build out our outbound content execution and enable our sales team with effective collateral across the sales cycle.
Working closely with our product development, sales, and customer success teams, this person will be the go-to expert for our products and go-to-market activities. This role requires strong communication skills, presentation skills, a high degree of independence, self-motivation, and initiative.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for working with our product, development, and sales team to set product strategy and bring it to market. You will learn and understand new capabilities and translate their value into compelling content.
- Work with our marketing and product teams to ensure our product story, messaging, and collateral are integrated, aligned, and updated with our positioning and accessible to all necessary stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver high-impact repeatable sales enablement tools such as collateral, presentations, case studies, proposal language, etc. to support the sales team
- Develop and deliver key sales training materials including internal guides and external talking points
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the sales team on our solutions, our value proposition, and our competitive position
- Build and drive our analyst relations program
- Engage with our community of partners, influencers, and existing customers for commentary on what’s happening in the industry
- Represent the company at conferences to evangelize a point of view
- Create product-focused content and develop the launch plan for our new SaaS product
- Understand our competitors and be the go-to resource for competitor battlecards and intelligence
What we are looking for:
- 5 + years relevant experience in product marketing
- Proven success creating marketing and sales collateral
- Solid messaging and positioning skills
- Ability to take a complex message and simplifying it for various audiences
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills are a requirement
- Agile and flexible – equally comfortable collaborating closely with SMEs and partners as well as executing independently
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly manage competing priorities
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Zero Dark Data