Sr Marketing Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Tecomet is the market leading provider of manufacturing solutions for complex, high-precision products and services for the Medical Device and Aerospace & Defense markets. Tecomet operates seventeen (17) global manufacturing facilities in five countries around the world and employs over 2,500 people. Its customers include the world’s largest global, public medical-device brands who serve the hospitals and surgeons who make healthcare better for patients worldwide.
At a critical inflection point coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, Tecomet is rapidly growing the breadth of solutions it offers to its customers, building from its market leading position in orthopedics, to also promote solutions for minimally invasive surgery, robotics, sports medicine, trauma, spine and extremities. In support of this growth agenda, Tecomet is building out teams across Customer Service, Analytics, Strategy, Operations and Strategic Sales. To scale most efficiently and ensure an outstanding end-to-end experience for customers and internal teams, Tecomet is seeking a world-class leader to lead in a newly created role: Head of Marketing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the EVP & Business General Manager, the role will serve to build and drive a high-impact business-to-business (B2B) marketing function focused on accelerating organic growth. The role will build and drive an account-based marketing agenda that enhances the customer experience, generates pipeline and improves sales productivity. Accountabilities include marketing strategy, pipeline analytics, campaign content and operations, product go-to-market campaigns, events and trade-shows, sales enablement, brand creative execution as well as measurement, reporting and budgeting. The role will own a substantial budget and will oversee ongoing ROI performance metrics and ongoing optimization of spend. This role will work in a collaborative environment as part of “One Tecomet” and a high-functioning team approach.
Specific responsibilities include:
Account-based marketing strategy and execution to drive organic growth:
● Establish the B2B, account-based marketing function including segmentation strategy, tools and technology, content and campaigns
● Oversee all campaign related quarterly planning, execution, operations and optimization fully integrated with the Sales and Customer Service teams
● Create content designed for decision makers and influencers within Tecomet’s Top 10 accounts which supports brand awareness, product consideration, personalized client experiences and engagement
● Execute with a customer-first mindset that creates integrated, relevant experiences out of 360-degree content, sales events, digital, podcasts, webinars, trade-shows and select paid marketing.
● Align account-based-marketing annual/quarterly calendar and tactics behind Sales and Customer Service touch points (eg top-to-tops, QBRs) that include targeted nurture journeys and engagement experiences
● Engage industry thinkers, partners, brands to advance the Tecomet B2B program to be truly world class.
● Serve as the “pipeline czar” -- with a strong command of all aspects of the marketing and sales funnels.
● Drive ongoing conversion improvements through the funnel and hold Sales and Marketing teams accountable to key service level agreements (SLAs) that enhance the customer experience
● Link with Sales and Strategy to develop “one funnel” operations across sales and marketing.
● Create accountability through pipeline reporting, transparency and enablement tools
Demand Generation Content & Campaigns:
● Establish demand generation tech stack, operations and upper-funnel pipeline definitions
● Ensure ongoing excellence across SFDC and CRM and campaign operations (data quality, accuracy of sales inputs, marketing tracking)
● Create and drive ongoing 360 campaigns and sales/product surges, leveraging a targeted AB approach, systematically across multiple segments and audiences to drive awareness, consideration, and conversion.
● Create clear, focused content that is both ‘unique to Tecomet’ and in full support of the spirit of the Tecomet brand, that includes compelling and relevant brand and product content, sales events, digital marketing.
● Optimize and enable the trade-show channel to establish measurement and drive improved conversion
● Oversee a comprehensive Sales Enablement strategy including sales content and assets (eg decks, playbooks, videos, prototypes) designed to enable both Sales teams and Customer Service
● In partnership with Sales, operationalize product storytelling to be both relevant to the customer and clearly articulate the Tecomet advantage. Ensure content is organized and effectively leveraged.
● Craft the overarching company narrative for company Top to Tops with customers and incorporate learnings from key customer meetings to incorporate into the plan
● Leverage best-in-class tools to optimize salesforce efficiency and automate tracking (eg HighSpot)
● Leverage digital marketing strategy, content and creative that is ‘unique to Tecomet’ and authentic to establish Tecomet as the leading medical device manufacturer for orthopedics and adjacencies
● Manage and optimize the new website with fresh content and responsive optimization to drive conversion
● Develop and execute a consistent stream of multi-media content (select paid, organic and earned) to improve SEO
● In partnership with the CHRO, drive social media engagement for the brand both as a supplier and employer-of-choice
Brand, Communications, Creative:
● Establish a compelling marketplace narrative that tells a big story about Tecomet’s brand mission and creates context for Sales team top-to-top conversations with customer executives
● Oversee end-to-end communications across the customer experience, focusing on highest impact moments (eg QBRs, invoicing, Top-to-tops, etc)
● Define and execute creative brand experiences --leveraging Tecomet’s visual, voice, personality guidelines -- that elevate the Tecomet brand and create a cohesive branded experience.
● This role involves a combination of “think, manage, do” -- meaning strategy, leadership and execution
● Lead a team of 2 professionals, one focused on content and creative and the other on digital and tech
● Deploy and optimize a budget of approximately $1mm in service of organic growth
● Operate proactively to listen to Sales colleagues and influence progress collaboratively and with a sense of urgency
● Work in collaboration with Customer Service leadership to shape and incorporate Voice of Customer tracking and insights to inform the marketing strategy and ongoing execution
● Work in collaboration with Strategy and Sales leadership to ensure the marketing strategy aligns firmly behind and supports the Tecomet Commercial Strategy and drives measurable organic growth
● 10+ years of experience in B2B Marketing, Demand Gen and/or Account-based Marketing
● Demonstrated success building new Marketing functions -- system and process strategy, planning and ongoing execution
● Exceptional leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills
● Ambidextrous skill set: both analytic and creative
● Proven talent management experience with ability to attract, cultivate, and retain top performers
● Strong collaborator at the leadership level while also being comfortable doing the day-to-day work required to execute
● Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, looking for the right company to support personal growth
● Ability to prioritize to drive maximum returns; proven track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals
● Tech-savvy and up-to-date on all marketing tools, platforms and resources
● Exceedingly design oriented, with executions that are impactful and on-trend with modern design
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field preferred
● Impactful creative -- strong sense of buyer-empathy and ability to connect the emotional and rational needs of buyers with the spirit and energy of the Tecomet brand.
● Design oriented -- outstanding eye for aesthetics and well-designed experiences that tell a story
● Writing and storytelling -- excellent skills in messaging and storytelling. Strong ability to direct copywriting that aligns to a clear brand voice and editorial narrative.
● Technical -- understanding of the latest marketing automation technology and CRM tools. Passion for leveraging data and technology to create outstanding, segmented prospect journeys.
● Analytic -- A strong understanding of the interdependencies between sales processes, automation tools, data sources and the data quality that results. Mindset not only for spotting data problems, but importantly understanding the implications of those on the prospect journeys, and bringing know-how to drive clean-up, fixes and prevention.
● Process oriented - an end-to-end, process-oriented view of the sales funnel.
● Strong Communicator – articulate with an ability to communicate in a direct and clear manner and with empathy.
● Collaborative - excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
● Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
● A collaborator and team player; at Tecomet we are “all in it together”
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans / Disabilities / Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.