Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Privy is the email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores that need the tools & coaching to grow from $0 to $1 million in sales. We're the #1 reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy-- and we've helped them generate $5 billion in sales so far. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Privy is a rapidly growing, successful startup that takes pride in the fact that our employees make a big impact, not just on our business, but on our customers too. We work with merchants from all different geographies, industries, and backgrounds, and we have a team with the life experiences to match.
We were named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (2 consecutive years!), and a Built In Boston Best Place to Work. And guess what? We're not slowing down any time soon!
At Privy, we're building a company that we love, and we measure our success by our customers' success. Our culture of transparency and respect empowers our team to love their work life...while also maintaining a fulfilling life of their own. We recognize that our employees work incredibly hard not only to help build Privy, but also to build the businesses of the merchants that we support. That's why we build our team with the brightest and nicest people around, and we take care to ensure every individual feels valued in the unique strengths they bring to the table.
About the role:
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will work across our marketing, product and sales teams to present our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. You will be able to make an immediate impact on our organization, playing a critical role in a rapidly scaling company. You will report to our Director of Marketing.
You will own product launches, product training and customer marketing. You will be focused on helping our product team go-to-market with new features to drive customer adoption. You will work directly with our customers, documenting their needs and using your insight to help our entire GTM team speak clearer to our audience: small ecommerce businesses.
What you’ll do:
- You’d be responsible for telling the story & showing the power of Privy to the market. This includes positioning & messaging, product launches, product education & training content, sales enablement, and competitive intel.
- You’d be expected to work well cross-functionally (especially across sales, customer success, and product) and develop expert-level knowledge (and passion for) ecommerce and our customers.
- You’d become a champion for our customers. Understanding their needs, why they chose our product and how they use it.
- You’d also manage our community. We have a community of 1,500+ members. You’d be in charge of community engagement and growth.
- You’d become a regular contributor to our content. Writing blog posts, recording videos for YouTube, interviewing customers for case studies.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have 1-2 years of experience working in a marketing role
- You preferably have worked in B2B SaaS or ecommerce tech before
- You’re a great communicator
- You’re a task master, like to get things done and finish a to-do list
- You’re a creator, and have no problem building something on your own
- You like to figure things out. You’ve an investigator, a researcher, a curious learning machine
- If you’ve ever built a store on Shopify, Wix or other ecommerce platform
- If you’ve ever built an online business
- If you’ve created an audience online (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Newsletter, etc)
Why you should join Privy:
We take pride in the fact that our employees make a significant impact not just on our business, but on our customers big and small, ranging from FIGS to Death Wish Coffee, and everyone in between. Our team is made up of all different backgrounds and life experiences, from tech veterans to weekend warriors with small businesses of their own.
Our benefits that put people first:
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401(k) plan
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums covered
- $500 annual professional development stipend
- Mentorship program and career ladders
- Flexible work hours and remote options
- Lunch & learn presentations and team events
Our commitment to candidates:
Sometimes self-doubt can be a mental roadblock when applying for a job. But here's the thing-- there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Ticking all the boxes isn't the only thing we look for. At Privy, we're building a company that we love, where our team can grow, and work toward our mission together. So, however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, always feel encouraged to apply. If Privy excites you and you think you'd be happy to come into work every day doing this job, connect with us.
At Privy we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Privy is the leader in ecommerce marketing for small and growing brands, and our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support that those br...