This job is no longer accepting applications.
BLASTmedia is an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse and inclusive set of thoughts and perspectives creates better business outcomes and better humans — all are valued and welcome to apply. Please feel free to note which pronouns you use after your name in your application (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, etc).
As a content specialist, you will have the opportunity to write compelling content on behalf of a variety of B2B SaaS brands across the country. In this role, you will work with our PR account teams and agency content manager to produce content for marketing and media relations campaigns. You’ll assist in uncovering topics and gathering information, turning outlines into cohesive, compelling content including blogs, byline articles and other ghostwritten pieces. Content will be used to position clients and the agency as thought leaders and fulfill editorial requests for content from national and trade media outlets.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Write creative, audience-appropriate content that supports our clients, including blog posts, bylined articles, press releases, ebooks and case studies
- Ghostwrite articles on behalf of client thought leaders for placement with national, trade and local media
- Draft speaking and award submissions for clients
- Participate in client conversations on content voice, direction and story-mining
- Participate in content ideation sessions both internally and with clients, including blog editorial calendars
- Generate questions that assist account teams in leading content ideation sessions
- Write drafts on deadline and evolve content based on client and editor feedback
What You’ll Need
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar, AP style and devotion to getting the details right
- Demonstrated experience interviewing subject matter experts and translating complex B2B technologies/concepts for a more general audience
- Experience writing for B2B technology companies and/or publications
- Proven ability to write drafts quickly, deliver content within specific deadlines and evolve content based on client and editor feedback
- Ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams, including experience providing feedback on written work
- Experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain consistent style and voice for each client, as well as write in different styles depending on client and audience
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in content marketing, writing and/or software
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Strong understanding of online media channels, trends, search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience working at or on behalf of a SaaS or other B2B technology brand
- Tech journalism experience
- Experience working with PR (internally with a team or externally with an agency)
- Familiarity with ghostwriting for C-Suite executives
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The only PR agency dedicated to B2B SaaS media relations.