Content Marketer / Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Foundation is a digital content marketing agency that operates 100% remotely. That means we give you the tools to work (laptop and phone) and you pick where you work each day.
We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
You will be creating content (and strategies to support it) for our partners and our own brands. There should be no question that the content is thoughtful, optimized and worth sharing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
You will be part of the content creation, curation and distribution phases of our work by helping the brands we’ve created and the ones we serve. You’ll have the opportunity to create unique content that is shareable and optimized to meet specific goals. You will contribute by:
- Writing long-form content (blog posts, articles, ebooks, white papers, guides, landing pages, emails, etc.)
- Writing short-form social copy (Tweets, Linkedin posts, Facebook posts, Instagram captions, etc.)
- Conducting research for your content, collecting both quantitative and qualitative information to support content credibility
- Combining creativity and keyword research to generate strategic content ideas and make strategic recommendations
- Collaborating with copy editors, project managers, account managers, strategists, distribution specialists, and a wide variety of client contacts to ensure content meets expectations and deadlines
- Pitching in on other content-related tasks as needed (Things like strategy creation, making decks, reporting on content performance, content distribution, email campaign management, or keyword research.)
- Occasionally acting as a second set of eyes on content created by a colleague
WHAT SKILLS YOU'LL NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications, or English, or comparable experience
- At least 2-3 years of content writing experience
- Mastery of the English language
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills
- Close attention to detail, i.e., near-perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Experience writing about marketing, business and/or SaaS companies
- Willingness to writing about technical topics (even some you haven’t worked with before)
- Proven ability to generate creative content ideas and compelling headlines
- Comfort writing about a wide variety of topics, from marketing and , to insurance and cryptocurrency
- Willingness to share writing samples and complete a (paid) test project, if needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO THRIVE AT FOUNDATION:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
- Excellent communication skills (especially written)
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage your own schedule (We’re a fully remote team, after all)
- The ability to work on several projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Experience using the Google Drive suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
SOME NICE-TO-HAVE BONUS SKILLS:
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and SEO tools like Moz, Ahrefs and SEMrush
- Working knowledge of WordPress/HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create content that shapes culture.