Marketing Specialist, Commercial Programs (Remote within Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Marketing Specialist, Commercial is a dynamic role responsible for planning, implementing, and growing commercial marketing programs intended to grow sales and market share across Canada. Actively collaborating with store operations and corporate sales leaders, this role is critical in executing and enhancing loyalty or membership programs, sales materials and promotions, and business events to drive sales & ROI of marketing investments.
The Marketing Specialist, Commercial is a cross-team facilitator that helps interpret, plan and coordinate the delivery of commercial marketing programs. They work to ensure alignment across teams and departments, and act as an interface between marketing and store operations teams.
In this role, you’ll get to:
• Scale: grow local campaigns’ impact through working with and influencing cross-functional stakeholders including product, marketing, sales, etc.
• Test and Analyze: identify new opportunities through analyzing program & campaign performance, experimenting and benchmarking.
• Work with independence and ownership: you will get goals and projects, not tasks
• Challenge anything: data matters, not opinions, seniority, or common knowledge
Success Looks Like
• You understand our markets and our customers, their motivations and goals, and you know how to speak to them in a way that resonates.
• You can think big picture and imagine how various elements of a campaign can come together to achieve your goals and know the metrics you’ll track to test your assumptions.
• You are obsessive about hitting your numbers and helping the sales and store teams hit theirs.
• You move fast and effectively - you know growth comes from your ability to move rapidly from strategy to execution, testing and refining as you go.
• You are hands-on - writing, contributing but can also lead a team of internal or external resources, providing clear direction and feedback.
Additionally, this position also plays a key role in maintaining Kal Tire’s image and brand standards by managing commercial key store merchandising programs including store signage, digital signage and showroom layouts/site plans (in conjunction with retail Marketing).
Marketing Program Management
• Oversee management and growth of commercial loyalty and membership programs, including Kal Pro+.
• Create, implement, oversee and track performance of lead acquisition tactics.
• Develop, implement, oversee and track performance of business-to-business promotions and campaigns.
• Develop campaign plans including defining offers, target market, methods of tracking.
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing team on email and paid campaigns.
• Ensure strategic alignment and measurement of progress through program management best-practices.
• Conducts post-program evaluations with the ability to identify improvements for optimal process flow.
• Stakeholder Management: ensure that program initiatives meet leadership and/or customer expectations, timely communication/escalation to leadership.
• Ensures management team is informed on programs status and risks, and manage initiative related escalations to resolution.
• Identify and make recommendations for new opportunities to enhance existing program offerings such as new partnerships or manufacturer participation.
• Make recommendations on future state of loyalty or membership programs to ensure ongoing health and performance to support business objectives.
• Manage financial budgets related to loyalty or membership programs.
Customer Communication Development
• Identify content opportunities to support programs and oversee both content and design development of customer facing content such as newsletters, emails, sales sheets and thought leadership content.
Marketing Department Support
• Provide support to national & local marketing programs as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing-related role (client or agency), preferably in a business-to-business environment.
• Experience managing marketing programs, preferably membership-based or with loyalty structures.
• Experience developing & implementing multi-channel communication plans for both lead acquisition and customer retention.
• Strong working knowledge of marketing principles & a passion for the work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong understanding of marketing analytics and marketing program measurement.
• Understanding of B2B lead management principles.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Experience working with CRM systems.
• Relationship-focused individual with an ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders including suppliers, internal departments, and store personnel.
• Strong multi-tasking skills & experience managing multiple time-sensitive projects and competing deadlines.
• Self-motivated and critical thinker with a drive for program operational excellence
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Overtime as required to support marketing activations and special events.
This position is based out of our Vernon office with a possibility to work remotely.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and North America’s largest commercial tire dealer with more than 200 store locations across the ...