Solution Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are here to create a world served by exceptional professionals. Our products (Casper, Snapshot, and Duet) help higher education institutions to look beyond book smarts, seeing a clearer, more holistic view of applicants. It’s used by 360+ academic partners in Canada, the US, Australia (and growing!) with 150,000+ applicants taking the test each year, and covers 90% of all US medical school applicants. We also host the Admissions Summit, an annual 2-day conference, and power the Alo Grant, an annual $100,000 research fund.
We’re looking for a marketing expert who can use their advanced product marketing and market research skills to identify and capitalize on whitespace opportunities within health sciences higher education admissions, in-program, training, and beyond, within North America. The Solution Marketing Manager (SMM) will develop an intimate knowledge of the health sciences admissions market, stay on top of industry trends, competitive intelligence and work directly with the programs and applicants to develop valuable insights. The SMM will be responsible for creating business plans, leading pilot and experimentation, and working with the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) on the go-to-market strategy to drive adoption and retention of new and existing products within the vertical. The ideal candidate is one who is resourceful and has a strong and proven research methodology that has served them in identifying and leveraging whitespace opportunities in the past. Internally, the SMM will work with the PMM, Marketing Communications, Product Management, Sales, Customer Success and Research to evaluate new opportunities and bring them to market.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Director of Product Marketing. We are a remote-first company but will return to a limited office presence post-Covid to accommodate employees that want/need an office.
- Serve as SME/thought leader for the vertical internally
- Calculate TAM and present market evaluation for internal stakeholder alignment
- Conduct market and customer research to scope market opportunities, define target personas, buying processes and identify additional needs
- Leverage data to define and address high-value market segments with tailored messaging, positioning and campaigns
- Collaborate with sales to take existing products and solutions into new segments, and with product management to develop and pilot new products
- Work with PMM to develop go-to-market strategies, initiate marketing and sales campaigns, test new channels, develop and test pricing and messaging, and much more
- Be curious and have a scrappy "roll up your sleeves" approach to work
In 12 months:
- You will have used your knowledge and intimate understanding of our customers and their needs to inform the expansion within the health sciences vertical
- You will be a source of new ideas around strategy for product-led growth
- You will be known as a champion of cross-functional meetings and workshops that drive collaboration and proper prioritization of marketing activities
- You will have a proven and trusted blueprint for addressing new market segments
- You will be known as a subject matter expert to our team and external partners who also view you as curious, caring, and driven to solve complex problems using smart marketing initiatives
- You will have shown that you are a superstar at analyzing a potential market, driving forward marketing plans, and identifying pain points where Altus can fit
- 2+ years of marketing experience, ideally product marketing
- Demonstrated ability in market research, ideally new market discovery
- Proven ability to create messaging, positioning and GTM strategies
- Some background in B2B or B2C marketing is an asset
- Bonus if you have experience working in, selling or marketing into higher education admissions
- Highly organized, strong analytical ability, and outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- A genuine interest in and curiosity about Edtech
What we expect from a Mission, Values, & Culture perspective:
- Able to live our core values of Caring, Curious, and Driven to help us attain our goal of creating a world full of exceptional professionals
- We need someone who is a self-starter, highly curious about how the business works, and able to help us focus where it counts
- Has loosely held, strong opinions - knows why they want what they want, but is also abundantly humble, can be wrong, and wants to seek out the best solution, no matter the source; the courage to fail and the wisdom to create success from lessons learned
- Interested in being part of an amazing, caring team, and wants to build a sustainable, high growth business
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and prefer change over status-quo
- Nurturing and empathetic with a professional, positive attitude and a sense of humility
Our hiring process:
Our hiring process optimizes for a positive candidate experience. The general hiring process looks like the following:
- Introductory phone screen: Chandra (our Recruitment Specialist) will review your application and if selected, schedule a phone call to get to know you better and tell you more about the role and company.
- If you pass the phone screen, you’ll have a video chat with our Director of Product Marketing, Rebecca, to discuss your experience in more depth.
- Remote team interview: Once you pass the video interview, we will schedule a remote team interview where you will virtually meet with 4-6 members of our team to assess your technical skills, values fit, and cultural add. You may also be asked to complete a short task that closely mirrors some aspects of the role. The remote interview takes about 3 hours.
- Reference Checks: We'll ask for 2-3 professional references to chat about your time working together.
- Final Decision: The hiring manager will consolidate all of the feedback and let you know of their decision (there may be a quick additional call at this stage to help us make a decision)
- Offer: If you are our perfect match, and we're yours, an official offer will be made!
More about the Altus Assessments team:
We’re a quirky, vibrant, and diverse group of 80+ working collaboratively to tackle some tough problems (like how to evaluate empathy in someone who wants to train to become a doctor), and some less tough ones (like how to answer that bonus question on Trivia Night).
Our core values are caring, curious, and driven, and we embody these in everything that we do. We genuinely care about the well-being of others, we possess an innate desire to continually learn, and every day we strive to be better than the person we were the day before. To learn more, visit us at www.altusassessments.com
Please note that during the Covid-19 precautions, our team has transitioned to remote work-from-home. Though we expect this to be the case for the next 9-12 months, we are consistently and transparently adapting as we receive more information from the experts.
- Bi-weekly virtual team lunches: This (typically in-office) ritual is being supported by UberEats coupons provided by Altus so that you have something to eat at home while we connect over video calls
- $3,000 annual personal and professional development budget
- Generous self-directed vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Parental leave benefits
- Team building and social events
Altus is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities can be made during the interview process if requested.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Altus empowers higher education institutions to look beyond book smarts, and to identify and nurture exceptional professionals by using unique data to...