Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We started OpenPhone three years ago to give tens of millions of businesses and professionals who use their personal phone numbers for work a better option.
Lack of privacy, lack of control over when to receive calls, lack of context, and inability to share the load among your team - helping small businesses solve these problems was the inspiration for OpenPhone.
In a remote world where relationships are built and maintained over long distances, the tools you use for communication play a significant role in your quality of life and your bottom line.
Fast forward to today, we are now a Series A company, growing faster than ever, with customers happier than anywhere else. In fact, in this short period, we became the highest-rated business phone on G2 in every category. So that's a good start.
And that's where you come in. We're looking for our Head of Marketing to take us to the next stage of our growth.
Our ideal candidate is a product marketing expert. We’re an innovative product in a busy market. Being able to position ourselves properly is paramount to everything we do. This is something you’re excited to work on.
There’s a lot more you’ll do outside of product marketing, but we believe that will set the right foundation. We don’t expect you to be able to do it all on your own, by the way. We’re looking for a leader who will build out their team.
We've written a little more about the role on our blog in case you're curious.
Here are some of the things you'll be responsible for
- Positioning. We're an innovative product in a busy market. Being able to position ourselves properly is paramount to everything we do. You'll take the time to understand the market, our customers, and the different use cases we serve.
- Messaging. You'll create simple, elegant, and consistent messaging that will resonate with our customers.
- Performance marketing. We haven't experimented with paid acquisition yet and there's so much potential here. You'll oversee paid search, paid social, and everything from sponsoring podcasts, newsletters, to offline advertising. We've got our billboard ready, just saying 😉
- Content marketing. This blog you're on right now is our second best customer acquisition channel (after word of mouth). We've seen the power of SEO and we're ready to scale our content efforts.
- Lifecycle / customer marketing. We've got thousands of customers all around the world and need scalable programs to help them get the most out of our product. We also want to highlight the success our customers are having with OpenPhone and share their stories.
- Sales enablement. We've recently brought on our first sales hire and are looking to grow the sales team. Making sure they have what they need to be successful is going to be critical in the second half of this year.
- You're a hands-on marketing leader and absolutely love your craft.
- You're highly analytical and can monitor, analyze, and iterate on programs across the funnel.
- You're really great at positioning.
- You are an exceptional communicator and can distill complexity and industry jargon into simple messaging our customers will resonate with.
- You have experience managing other people and working with agencies.
- You have significant experience working in SaaS marketing. You're excited to make a massive impact in a company that's gearing up for hypergrowth.
- You have sufficient overlap with PST in your working day.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one phone system for startups and small businesses.