Head of Demand Generation & Growth Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The right candidate for this role and stage of company is looking for equity-heavy rather than cash-heavy compensation. And looking to fully own, scale and build out our growth and marketing efforts.
The Short Version:
Flamingo develops solutions that make life easier for property managers and residents. For residents, this means an app with their building name and logo that lets them do everything from talking to their neighbors to paying rent to booking house cleaning etc. Our customers LOVE the platform. If you love startups, taking on ownership, and growing your skills quickly, this might be a fit. We are a scrappy startup and we are looking for an experienced Head of Demand Generation and Growth Marketing to lead this function and play an integral role in creating a category-defining business with meaningful impact on top-line revenue growth. You will do this by turning Flamingo into a media company that releases entertaining and educational content better than anyone else. How would you help us do this?
Here is a week in your life as Flamingo's Head of Demand Generation & Growth Marketing
- Monday: You use part of the morning to listen in on sales calls and use the insights to develop a cold outreach email campaign where you have segmented prospects by various attributes from location to company size to budget. You design the campaign to include various A/B tests to help us hone in on messaging, value prop, or CTAs. You then use the afternoon to develop and start executing on various strategies to drive website traffic, signups, virality, product qualified leads and eventually revenue from our event marketplace self-serve funnel. You take full ownership of running experiments across a variety of areas with strong prioritization based on expected business outcomes including - Virality, Email, Paid Acquisition, Product, SEO, Content Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, Social Media, Community, Partnerships, PR - all from the point of view of driving growth in the self-serve sign up funnel.
- Tuesday: Use your copywriting skills to develop a warm outreach email campaign to re-activate inactive customers. In the afternoon, you develop an ABM campaign to help the customer success and sales team drive enterprise deals.
- Wednesday: Conduct keyword and topic research for the next webinar or virtual event by meeting with sales & customer success, reviewing commonly asked questions, Google trends, industry groups etc. Use LinkedIn and our customer database to find strategic guests to appear on the webinar. Create a marketing campaign to drive webinar signups and post-webinar content distribution, which includes a 1 long form blog posts on that topic pillar and multiple supporting short-form blog posts.
- Thursday: Create, edit, proofread, and schedule LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook posts for the upcoming week including video content, short form text content, and graphic content - making adjustments based on performance of last month's posts. Create additional thought leadership content for your own LinkedIn and that of the CEO and other exec team members. Meet with the product team to learn about new product features and immediately get to work creating benefit focused content around those features for the knowledge-base, blog, social media, customer emails, and industry blogs for backlinks, authority, and thought-leadership.
- Friday: Interview customers, industry leaders, industry partners and Flamingo team members and providers to create various content including customer success stories, videos, and highlights. You might even do a webinar to 100s of property managers to share best practices from other Flamingo clients. Just for the hell of it, you run a last minute Feedback Friday email campaign to get customer reviews on G2, Google, Capterra and other review sites. End the day with a team happy hour where you take some well deserved sips because you just helped increase inbound by 75%. Go home feeling like a freaking SUPERHERO.
This isn't a VP or CMO role. We need someone that can be hands on with no help from an agency. We'll get there in 12 to 18 months and at that point, you'd have made your mark and will be a true VP or CMO where you can build out your full team. Additionally, this role is heavy on equity and light on salary so even if you are qualified, it might not be right for you.
Who We Are
Flamingo’s vision is to be the most complete community engagement, experience, and management solution. To do this, we have developed an all-in-one platform so property managers no longer have to use 10 different tools to manage their resident experience - communication, surveys, events, data analytics etc
Our Ideal Team Member
Part of ensuring we maintain our company culture is hiring individuals that share our values and meet our standards. We hire Superheroes - because we want to be surrounded by people that are remarkable and selfless - those people that grew up always wanting to help and ultimately make the world better. Are you a Superhero?
- S - Selfless
- U - Urgency
- P - Persistent
- E - Entrepreneurial
- R - Remarkable
- H - Humble
- E - Empathetic
- R - Responsible
- O - Outspoken
- E - Efficient
- S - Sincere
Flamingo will be a good fit for you if you are a Superhero. Meaning you are selfless, act with urgency, persistent to a fault, are entrepreneurial in being resourceful and adaptable, have something that is truly remarkable about you (work or non-work related), take ownership in that you are self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, self-improving, act like a leader, don’t wait to be told what to do, pick up the trash lying on the floor etc
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience plus 3+ years of relevant growth or demand generation experience at a B2B SaaS company with 15-50 employees and/or ARR $3M to $7M
- Demonstrated track record of owning and running experiments across multiple areas including Virality, Email, Paid Acquisition, SEO, Product, and CRO.
- Ability to plan, execute, and iterate marketing campaigns at a rapid pace.
- Experimental and analytical approach to marketing campaigns.
- Ability to get hands on with your tactics and execute ALL marketing yourself as needed
- Ability to tie marketing projects to business objectives.
- Ownership of growth-related metrics.
- Understands the bigger picture of revenue and work to connect our brand and product led strategy to the broader go to market strategy to create a holistic and cohesive funnel that services our entire revenue funnel.
- Voracious learner, constantly trying to learn best practices & growth strategies via research, learn about the largest opportunities to impact core business metrics, and learn how to constantly become more efficient and effective in your work.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to establish key metrics, perform basic analysis, and tell compelling stories through data interpretation.
- Organizational skills and diligence to manage multiple experiments, write specs, document learnings, and document best practices.
- Excellent communication & storytelling skills.
- High bar for excellence, and willing to go above and beyond to get results.
- Customer-obsessed, constantly trying to make sure that we understand and properly connect with our users.
- Being tech-savvy is important in this role. Although it's ok to have gaps to begin, you will eventually need to use all of these tools: Google Analytics, Amplitude, Salesforce, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Metadata.io, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Hubspot, Google Sheets, and Clearbit.
- Highly interested in Growth / Growth Marketing - we like to push each other to stay at the cutting edge of our field.
- Experience marketing towards Sales/Marketing is a plus, but not a must.
Bonus Points If...
- Have domain knowledge in the multifamily real estate space
Your application has been successfully submitted.