Expert Marketing Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re seeking an expert marketing writer to help our largest accounts in the marketing thought-leadership space succeed and scale. We need a writer and editor who can ensure that we are producing expert-level content on a huge range of marketing subjects (go-to-market strategy, Google Analytics, paid advertising, influencer marketing, pricing and packaging, etc). For this project, you’ll be responsible for several stages of the process:
- Writing on the expert-level topics that our Verblio writers do not have the expertise to write successfully for
- Reviewing and categorizing client topics into functional areas so we can build expert writer pools
- Adding detail to the client’s topics to better guide non-expert writers
- Reviewing writers’ content and deciding which writers are approved for which subjects
- Helping edit content to meet client’s standards
- Creating knowledge tests in order to vet a writer’s expertise
We’re Verblio: a unique content creation platform and marketplace headquartered in Denver, CO (though this position can be remote!). Great content fuels customer acquisition and retention for the fastest-growing businesses today. That content takes time, resources, and talent. Without it, many companies simply can’t compete against the larger players and their digital marketing strength.
That’s where we come in.
With Verblio’s powerful platform and one-of-a-kind network of over 3,000 professional writers, we empower growing businesses to create quality content, at scale, in every niche.
Behind our SaaS platform and marketplace is a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies (degrees on our team range from philosophy, to economics, to Latin American history).
We are looking for:
- An efficient writer and editor with impeccable grammar
- Able to accurately assess an article’s quality and fit with a customer’s style
- Adept at cross-checking facts and statistics cited in content for accuracy
- Excited to write tons of diverse and, often, random content
- Excited to take a short grammar and editing test
- Comfortable working in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and one of several project management tools to track progress of deliverables (e.g. Asana)
Your background must include:
- Being an active practitioner of marketing and/or digital marketing. You should have 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Digital analytics (have used one or more of the following: Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Tag Manager, or other digital analytics tools)
- Digital advertising (have used one or more of the following: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Microsoft/Bing Ads)
- Product marketing (pricing, positioning, market research, etc)
- SEO & content marketing (have used one or more of the following tools: Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Search Console)
- Completed a BA degree or higher
- This project will be 10-20 hours per week, potential to expand hours as project evolves
- Work will be completed primarily asynchronously (at times you choose), although there will be weekly deadlines for deliverables
- Periodic meetings with Verblio team to align on quality goals and progress, generally conducted during Mountain Time over Zoom
- Compensation is hourly (based on experience)
- Contractor must have access to reliable internet connection
Consultants selected for this contract will be required to sign Verblio’s standard independent contractor agreement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality content at scale for every niche