Senior Product Marketing Manager, Verblio Accelerator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Seeking product marketers who care deeply and love having outsized influence on product and company strategy
Bold, pragmatic product marketing manager needed for a very special role.
We’re brewing something exciting here at Verblio, a content creation platform powered by a one-of-a-kind network of over 3,000 professional writers that empowers growing businesses to create quality content, at scale, in every niche.
Great content fuels customer acquisition and retention for the fastest-growing businesses today. That content takes time, resources, and talent. Without it, many companies simply can’t compete. That’s where we come in.
We’re in full-tilt growth mode with grandiose plans for world domination (the friendly kind) that show no signs of slowing down. We’re looking for a creative, flexible, methodical product marketer to help us fulfill that vision.
Behind our SaaS platform and marketplace is a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies that love working hard together and are proud of our amazing brand and transparent, collaborative culture. We believe in doing good and fueling growth for our writers and our customers.
What you’ll do at Verblio
The Product Marketing team at Verblio is adding a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Verblio Accelerator, to identify, rapidly vet, and lead implementation of new opportunities for our product portfolio to accelerate company growth through partnerships and structured pilots that expand our organic business operations.
With the guidance and support of our Senior Director of Product Marketing, using product marketing strategy and innovation best practices, you will collaborate with both internal and external teams to identify, assess, design, test, and launch new capabilities that increase the value we deliver to both customers and writers and expand the markets we serve.
Part of this role will be externally oriented, focusing on identifying, prioritizing, and building relationships with partners and emerging technologies that help Verblio seize new growth opportunities faster. The other major part of this role is internally oriented cross-functional collaboration with leadership and other teams throughout Verblio.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting, gathering, and synthesizing market and customer research and customer data to identify opportunities for growth and devise an actionable strategy to capture this growth
- Constructing, maintaining, and communicating a continuously prioritized list of opportunities to assess and their status
- Working with other teams to identify and solicit current and prospective customers to participate in pilots and provide feedback throughout the process
- Managing hands-on execution of piots with the aim of understanding how capabilities might be brought to market
- Advising on go/no-go decisions, based on your analysis of the market opportunities and Verblio’s ability to seize them
- Designing and delivering elegant handoffs with our product, operations, development, and other teams, as opportunities you’ve incubated become operationalized
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience growing companies (or a satchel of lessons learned from trying), as one or more of the following:Product marketer who relishes adding shape and structure to the exciting, ambiguous strategic end of the go-to-market process Entrepreneur who has seen it and done it operationally before and wants to make great use of your go-to-market experience, from within the supportive environment of a high-growth company
- Versatile digital marketer who craves operating in a more cross-functional role with deeper connections to the product
- ...and even possibly an experienced business development or sales standout who’s tired of being told to stay in your lane when bringing product ideas to the table or advocating for customers
- Experience working within a growing startup and working with startup leaders to develop business development relationships and products
- Experience working daily with product, engineering, marketing, sales, operations, and finance executives and professionals
- Ability to go beyond today and put the pieces together in real-time to spot trends, rally teams around a future state, and identify opportunities for new strategy work and growth
- Experience building partnerships and influencing stakeholders and decision-making
- A love for technology and product-led growth
- An understanding of strategic partnerships and business development
- Exposure to negotiations and deal structuring
- Comfort building lasting relationships with startup founders and entrepreneurs
- A natural orientation to collaboration, entrepreneurship and decision-making
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) and experienced in delivering executive presentations
- A love of content marketing and desire to learn more about it (?)
- A basic understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- If words like content refresh/revamp, domain authority, content promotion, people also ask, and SEO optimization are not part of your vocabulary, this isn’t the right role for you.
- If your main source of content about content marketing is the HubSpot blog or someone with the initials NP, this isn’t the role for you.
- Effective project management skills
- Willingness to do what it takes to effectively promote Verblio in our space—get out there (virtually), make connections, pitch, etc.
- Positioning, messaging, and copywriting skills
- Ability to do all of this in a startup environment
- Cool or unexpected skills we haven’t mentioned? Let’s hear them.
You’ll be part of a hand-picked, highly efficient marketing machine:
- 4 Full-timers:
- VP of Marketing
- Sr. Director of Product Marketing
- Content Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- 4 very involved contractors:
- Technical digital marketer
- Marketing automation person
- CRO person
- 3 agencies who do cool shit:
- webdev and design agency
- content marketing agency working on a project
- other project-based agencies
You’ll love working at Verblio because of our:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stylish sock options
- Health, dental & vision insurance with a generous monthly company contribution
- Family-friendly benefits, including generous parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Flexible paid time off and holidays.
- Pandemic Last Fridays Off
- Truly awesome team of people - we don’t have needless meetings, don’t tolerate egos, and genuinely like each other. It’s awesome.
- Verblio has a vibrant company culture. We’re smart, welcoming, creative, and engaged in our jobs. We have a low turnover rate because people love working here. We’re looking for someone that wants to be a part of that.
- Did we mention we’re growing like mad? It’s way more fun to be on a rocketship than riding in circles on a model train set. (No disrespect to model train enthusiasts.) We made the Inc 5000 list for the second year in a row, won our sixth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley, and just made the Colorado Companies to Watch list.
- Some day when we can safely co-locate again, we’ve got in-person perks like free food & drink, fun events, a hip centrally-located Denver office, a free RTD Eco-pass, etc… Some day.
- Have you read the website? That’ll give you a good idea of our energy.
- This position pays $85,000-105,000 commensurate with experience.
We’re headquartered in Denver, CO (though this position can be remote!).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality content at scale for every niche