Senior Demand Gen Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PetDesk, an industry leader in Veterinary client communication software, has helped over 2,500 veterinary practices streamline business with simple software solutions that help pet parents stay current and pet care providers stay connected. Over 2.5M pet parents use the trusted PetDesk App to talk to their clinic, and with 5-star ratings across multiple review sites, our belief in robust, customer success plans, keep our customers focused on delivering animal healthcare.
About the role
The PetDesk marketing team is thrilled to bring on a seasoned and experienced Sr Demand Gen marketer. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, the core task of this team contributor is to build cohesive digital campaigns across owned and external channels increasing pipeline and revenue KPIs.
Through each stage of the funnel, you’ll tell compelling stories and guide our audience through the sales journey. Key to success is identifying priority metrics, gathering qualitative feedback, and building a healthy feedback loop through a predictable pipeline with our experienced sales team.
Any and all digital channels are fair game, however, we have a current focus on paid social (Facebook), paid search, a few endemic properties (newsletters), retargeting platforms, and directories, like Capterra. As a marketing team member, we expect you’re ready and willing to support your peers anywhere and are comfortable with fluidity. In this seat, you’ll find free range to dream up compelling projects and campaigns as we work together to hit our next level unlock as a company.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our acquisition strategy. Uncover if we have the pieces needed to curve onto a hypergrowth trajectory.
- Take responsibility for forecasting and pacing of the marketing pipeline/funnel with quarterly, monthly, and weekly lenses.
- Partner with our subject matter experts on the marketing team, across the company, and with our outside consultants to recommend new approaches/campaigns.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise and collaborate when needed to solve complex challenges across all digital channels such as our site, email, and partner platforms.
- Own the paid marketing budget and recommend how we should spend our marketing budget.
- Deepen understanding and segmentation of our audiences to improve our ability to match audiences to message/CTA.
- Explore new means of distribution with curiosity and a growth mentality, including running demand gen focused experiments.
- Contribute heavily to how marketing measures the impact of programs and reports to the team, organization, and executives.
In the first 3 months you will:
- Codify all PetDesk distribution methods into a scalable, effective marketing engine to share stories at scale.
- Craft robust retargeting campaigns on paid social + GDN and expand our SEM campaigns to the areas of largest opportunity.
- Identify and manage the ideal media mix so that we meet or exceed all goals within our CAC limits.
- Templatize and streamline the campaign launch process so we can more quickly launch campaigns.
- Create a data driven process to support your decisions including: projecting funnel impact for new campaigns, real time (or close to) tracking for projects in flight, and through recaps.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Work closely with the analytics team to build cohorted views of marketing programs long term ROI.
- Explore new channels and/or expand the depth of our reach on existing channels.
- Unlock non-linear growth for existing product lines.
- Shape our long term organic growth strategy (SEO, Community, Viral).
- Fully manage the demand gen budget.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Diego, CA, PetDesk secured a Series-B Investment of $12M from Silicon Valley based Peakspan Capital in Dec. 2018. We value curiosity, vulnerability, joy, and fulfillment - which drive us in our mission to engage pet parents in their pet's health through a deeper relationship with their pet care providers - ultimately delivering on our vision to extend and improve the lives of pets, pet care providers, and the people working here at PetDesk.
PetDesk has 90+ employees and proudly supports a gender-balanced workforce. PetDesk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Benefits and Perks
PetDesk is a Remote First organization, ensuring our culture, infrastructure, and ecosystem supports team members' participation in critical decisions and information sharing, regardless of location. Benefits and perks include:
- Stock Options
- 100% Medical coverage for employees and dependents (most plans)
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental & Vision coverage available
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off & 15 Paid Annual Holidays
- 2% Non Elective 401k Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pawternity Leave, Pet Adoption Support & Subsidized Pet Insurance
- $250 Annual PetDesk Scholarship Stipend for L&D
- Veterinary Medicine Diversity & Inclusion Certificate Program
We also look forward to one day re-opening our dog-friendly, Banker’s Hill/Downtown San Diego location with a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay!
Please, no external recruiters—candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.