Director, Demand Generation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stardog, the leading Enterprise Knowledge Graph platform, turns data into knowledge to power more effective digital transformations. Industry leaders including Bayer, Bosch, eBay, NASA, and Raytheon use Stardog to create a flexible data layer that can support countless applications. One of Fast Company's prestigious Most Innovative Companies, Stardog is a fast-growing venture-backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA with a globally distributed team.
The Director, Demand Generation reports to the VP of Marketing and leads a team of demand professionals who are specialists in events, campaign management, and marketing operations. The Director, Demand Generation will be a critical go-to-market leader who will ultimately be responsible for building a successful demand generation program that ensures Stardog grows market awareness, accelerates sales pipeline, and meets conversion targets.
This role will have a critical impact on the infrastructure of our growing organization, including the strategies, processes and systems that support growth. The Director, Demand Generation will set team goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with other senior leaders across Sales, Sales Development, Sales Operations, and Customer Success. They will drive strategy, communication and day-to-day performance supported by their domain knowledge of Enterprise technology sales and marketing models, particularly connection points between sales, marketing and product.
The Director, Demand Generation should always have the pulse on the funnel, what's converting, and why. This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining a campaign calendar and working cross-functionally to achieve corporate goals. This leader should be an excellent communicator and confident telling a story with data. This person will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on top-of-funnel metrics and will play a key role in annual forecasting.
- Generate, analyze and maintain the sales opportunity pipeline with the quality, pace and volume required to fulfill the company’s revenue goals. Own the Marketing pipeline generation target.
- Create the vision and plan for generating demand by developing compelling campaigns, events, or other assets.
- Manage the Demand Generation team for optimal dissemination of campaigns across channels; including digital, field, and email channels. Proactively identify third-party channels to help achieve our goals.
- Work with the rest of our go-to-market team to set and achieve marketing KPIs that allow us to meet pipeline and revenue targets; mindful of quality over quantity.
- Put in place best-practice processes and tools that allow us to measure and report on KPIs across our entire marketing funnel and effectively execute our marketing plan.
- Work with Product Marketing to identify use cases, competitive differentiators, and other compelling available content that support demand generation campaigns.
- Provide day-to-day support for sales development activities, ensuring that inbound and outbound processes are fully in sync.
- 8+ years developing, executing strategic B2B demand generation programs in a B2B, SaaS and Enterprise environment.
- 4+ years of people management experience with passion for managing and developing talent.
- Demonstrable success in owning and managing a pipeline generation target. Track record of consistent over‐achievement of performance goals in past positions.
- Demonstrable proficiency with modern tools, technology, and best practices in sales outreach, campaign management, marketing operations, inbound marketing, event strategy, and brand strategy.
- Experience in start‐up or early‐stage environments with little or no defined infrastructure or processes.
- Proficiency with CRM (Salesforce.com preferred), sales automation applications (InsightSquared, et al) and marketing automation platforms (Hubspot a plus).
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft.
- Analytical and results‐driven with a problem‐solving orientation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
Your application has been successfully submitted.