Specialist, Email Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Work at a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing! At Wonderlic, we combine our science-based assessment background with the best talent to innovate the way modern pre-employment screening is leveraged by the recruiting industry. Our mission is to expertly combine I/O psychology, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to ensure applicants are able to find their best jobs. Wonderlic provides the most trusted, scientifically validated assessments for sophisticated HR teams looking to identify top applicants and accurately predict on-the-job performance potential.
As a people-first company, we’re constantly on the lookout for the best and brightest minds to propel Wonderlic forward. Do you strive for excellence? Are you driven by the desire to make positive changes in the world you live in? Are you passionate about your craft? Join Wonderlic in shaping the future of our organization. We’d be happy to have you.
Job Title: Specialist, Email Marketing
Reports To: Marketing Technology Manager
Location: Wonderlic is now a remote organization! We’re excited for you to make us better from anywhere.
Overview: The Specialist, Email Marketing will report to the Marketing Technology Manager and will be primarily responsible for developing and executing email marketing campaigns in Marketo. The role requires experience in designing and coding responsive HTML email, marketing automation platforms, B2B demand generation, and lead nurturing strategies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will know how to write emails that effectively appeal to a variety of audiences and have a proven track record of moving leads down the funnel.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own email marketing for existing customers and new prospects/leads generated by the acquisition team
- Measure the effectiveness of email marketing programs and strategies
- Identify and categorize large sets of data into targeted lists based on product interest(s) and fit as well as lead life cycle stages
- Create strategic initiatives for each product interest and lead life cycle stage, including but not limited to email engagement, content engagement (participation in surveys, attending webinars, conferences), and offline engagement
- Leverage data and engagement metrics to drive leads further down the funnel from initial awareness to consideration to conversion, either through automated means (lead scoring) or manual means (communication with inside sales or outside sales calls or meeting outcomes)
- Analyze data and work towards continuous improvements not just in high-level email metrics (open rate, click-to-open rate) but also bottom-line metrics (new qualified leads generated, sales opportunities generated, and sales generated)
- Automate processes to improve funnel velocity, tracking and reporting
- Partner with our Customer Success and Product teams to uncover insights and develop more tailored experiences for our customers based on these insights
- Collaborate on content strategy with marketing management and creative teams
- Proven experience in lifecycle email marketing and inbound marketing, preferably in B2B
- Strong marketing automation & CRM experience (we use Marketo and Salesforce)
- Experience owning and managing projects to completion using project management tools like Asana and Jira
- Highly analytical, with a strong growth mindset based on testing and learning. Focused on data and results
- Proven track record in cleaning, sorting, filtering and categorizing large data records
- A knack for writing digital copy that converts and the ability to create strong subject lines
- Experience working with lead scoring and proven success in improving lead score by driving marketing engagement
- Strong understanding of email design and coding best practices. Experience in HTML and CSS
- Experience developing and maintaining reporting methodology and dashboards, including performance metrics for nurture campaigns and KPIs for overall program performance
- Understanding of email marketing concepts such as CASL, GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CCPA, deliverability, sender reputation
You’ll be measured on:
- Email Campaign Performance (Clicks, opens, CTR, deliverability, etc)
- Database Growth
- Overall Campaign Performance (Leads, Pipeline)
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 21 days PTO to start accruing from day 1
- 8 paid holidays and 2 extra floating holidays
- A paid, company shutdown week from December 26 through December 31
- Medical, dental, and vision group insurance
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave after 1 year of employment
- Flexible work schedules
- 401k with matching after 1 year of employment
- Highly collaborative, innovative and fun work environment
Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employer Opportunity (AAP/EEO) Statement:
Wonderlic is proud to be an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Here, diversity is valued and celebrated, and is what makes us such a successful team. Wonderlic does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military/veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.